Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:04PM (Unverified) said

Dust 514 is such an interesting idea I hope it does well, but the FPS market (especially on consoles) is even more competitive than MMOs, so...

I wish to hell they'd made this a PC game.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:09PM Traptz said

@(Unverified) The will..A YEAR FROM NOW..It's so stupid

If they wanted an MMO to succeed they should be releasing it on PC as well as PS3.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 3:17PM Eamil said

@Traptz

"The will..A YEAR FROM NOW..It's so stupid"

I don't suppose you have a source on that? Can't find one on Google but I've been seeing a lot of people saying this lately.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 3:20PM Sorithal said

@(Unverified)

They probably will expand it to the PC and/or 360 later on once they realize that marketing solely in the PS3 is a horrible idea.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 3:27PM (Unverified) said

@Eamil

It was once mentioned in massively that they would release a pc version eventually. No idea how long after, and frankly, i wonder if we cant just attach a mouse an keyboard to a ps3 anyway. I thought there were ways to do that.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 5:32PM Donau said

@(Unverified)
I imagine the "A year from now" estimate won't be too far off, to release a game like DUST exclusively to a console so late in its development cycle is sort of silly. With the new Wii already announced and a new MS console likely to be announced this year if not next, the PS4 can't be too far behind.

If they intend for Dust 514 to be a complimentary good to EVE then they will need to release it on another platform.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 8:34PM smg77 said

@Donau

Releasing a PC version of Dust a year after the console release would be too late. If they don't release them at the same time Dust will fail but bet Sony made them sign some sort of exclusivity agreement.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:05PM Greymantle said

He is kidding right? Tens of millions? I think this guy needs a drug test. 0_0

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:36PM Harley Dude said

@Greymantle

No doubt.

I haven't followed this title since I'm not a console gamer, but is this a subscription game? If so, skip the drug test and go straight to the mental hospital.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:44PM smartstep said

@Greymantle

Hahaha agreed. He's seriously Delusional.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:57PM Braiks said

@Harley Dude No it's not a subscription game.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:09PM Apakal said

They will be lucky if they sell 1 million. What's the EVE playerbase? Its surely less then a million, and you can't even count on every EVE player also picking up DUST.

And yet they hope to rope in millions of more players to a game most of them have never heard of, out of the already crowded FPS market, with the social stigma of being involved in an MMO hanging over their heads? Seriously?

Either this is one hell of a game, they're going to give it away for free, or they're all on meth.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:31PM ployer said

@Apakal

Actually i believe they are giving it away for free and supporting it with micro transactions

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:13PM Lateris said

I really do hope that Dust 514 will bring in new players for Eve Online. Is it true I can play Dust 514 with a mouse and keyboard on my PS3 for this game? I l already use my mouse and keyboard for other things on my PS3.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:22PM aaradun said

• 1 heart
60millions psn users yes, because your forced into it. good chunk of those psn user don't play games at all.

And if you think 10 million people play fps on ps3 your deluded, they barely sold 1-2m copies of MW3 on that game. you'll be lucky to get 200k user the first month, with 20k after.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 3:00PM paterah said

@aaradun MW3 sold over 10 million copies on PS3.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:50PM Greyhame said

I think they over estimate the amount of people they are going to get in DUST due to the game being PS3 only.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 2:56PM bolsh said

10million !? I lol'ed For a game that is approaching release date with very little to no dev/community manager involvmemt and literally no outside marketing.. oooohhhh k... The lil support they do have online is provided by sites like dust514.org and dust514base.com, .. I would really love for Dust514 to do as good if not better as CCP David Reid has seen it done in his dreams... Sorry but with out the hype his claims are worthless.. Look at COD nothing has changed in years, same dog chasing its tail but it breaks pre-order numbers because of marketing and marketing leads to more word of mouth, a stronger community and more HYPE... Making your game payable in Iceland with lil press coverage is not building a better community, congrats on keeping the hype in the already limited group of twitter junkies and a handful of Playstation blog enthusiasts !!

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 3:18PM Sorithal said

Honestly sounds like they're overhyping the hell out of it.

EvE personally to me wasn't that great of a game, but props to them if it's doing so amazingly successful as they claim.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 3:53PM Vegetta said

I played eve for a bit. It's ok but got a bit boring after a while. Shooting at rocks can get old.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014