Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 4:32PM Avernus said

that was classic. I was sad not to see C3po and r2d2.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 5:14PM Gryphmon said

@Avernus

It is odd not to see C3PO. He always set off my gaydar in a effette British way. Actually he is a throwback to the old gay stereotype of being a fey fussy (and sexually neutered) side-kick. I notice that the groups protesting haven't complained much about him. Its seems its only when gay folk get treated in any media as well, people, that they object.

When I was growing up the nearest thing I had to a Sci-Fi gay role-model was Dr. Smith in Lost in Space. Its so nice that young people today will have such better options than I did. Thank you Bio-ware for allowing us some humanity. (Unless we decide to play an alien).

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 5:14PM Makovorn said

@Avernus Indeed! I mean ... it's C3PO after all. He should be the poster boy .. err robot .. for these kinda stuff :p

Posted: Feb 6th 2012 6:27AM Cyroselle said

@Gryphmon Thanks for reminding me! I always thought Dr. Smith was awesome, and was my somewhat-mad-scientist-akward-around-others rolemodel.

Posted: Feb 6th 2012 8:34AM Avernus said

"Its seems its only when gay folk get treated in any media as well, people, that they object."

So true. I think there will be a huge cultural shift in a short time on this. The huge factor is that kids are now being raised around people that are openly LGBT. It is harder to blindly hate when you know individuals.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 6:57PM JohnD212 said

I agree that it's very surprising that gay or straight relationships in games has to be such a big deal. As a gay man I would like to know when it's allowed in game but does it always have to be a news story that it's in? I mean walk out the door...gay and straight relationships are everywhere. Welcome to planet earth!! ; )

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 6:10AM DancingCow said

@JohnD212

You're a political chew toy - welcome to planet earth :)

Suppressing media representations of homosexuality and ensuring legal inequalities against them is one of the last remaining bulwarks of the ultra-conservative Christian right wing.

A swing in either direction is always going to get some media attention.

Posted: Feb 10th 2012 5:05PM (Unverified) said

@DancingCow I think of the GLBT community and I don't think chew toy.
Why does it even matter? Am I the only one that is a christian and not a right wing nut job. Or wait, is it a sweeping generalization? Cause those are SOOO great...

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 7:43PM Lateris said

Thats awesome!

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 3:32PM Neryk said

I laughed so hard at Han/Chewie.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 4:00PM (Unverified) said

For Canadians, and possibly others living outside the USA

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 5:13PM Yapper said

ROTFL - Conan has gotten a lot better than he was a year ago, he must have hired a writer.
Back to the topic at hand. I don't see what the big deal is about allowing same-sex relationships. I would not be caught dead in one, but I have had several dear friends that felt the same about the kinds of relationships I was in.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 5:13PM Squidsnthings said

Now they need to patch in hot dudes for me to bone... I mean start a space family with.

Posted: Feb 6th 2012 6:16AM Cyroselle said

The Han and Chewbaka bit was really cute, and Boba and Vader seemed like a 'sweet' couple. 'You're *my* something sweet' LOLOLOL

Awesome!