Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 5:00PM KvanCetre said

I can't afford to buy level 40 :(

To be fair, I dont think I ever reached level 3.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 2:51AM Protoavis said

while I like the game it just felt a bit hollow (and silly given the IP and how everything but the small ships where "alien" tech...and it's set in the middle of the series so makes no sense) no much to do sort of thing.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 2:59AM Daemodand said

@Protoavis I agree. They've gone too far afield from the original IP with some really ugly non-canon ships, and if someone spent $50 on their ship, the only way you're going to beat them is by spending $50 on yours.

That said, large fleet engagements are really something to see and it's fun to fight alongside/against a Base Ship or the Pegasus. RCS Slide is a really fun ability, too.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 3:38PM Protoavis said

I dunno about the money thing, haven't played in a long time but you use to be able to farm water for cubits (?...the currency that you buy with real world money) which wasn't ever too difficult (granted that may have changed).

I do very much agree about the battles though, I remember it being a lot of fun when people use to fire missles at my raider...meanwhile my raider was close to max speed so missles couldn't travel faster than my raider :P

The gameplay as far as combat goes was good, it was just everything else that needed retooling.

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 11:05AM hansh0tfirst said

I really enjoyed this game when I first started playing beta last year. Then I saw the handwriting on the wall that they were going to start radically straying from the IP and virtually everything was getting monetized. While I appreciate the publisher has to generate revenue and normally don't object to most f2p cash shop models, this IMO was excessive. Essentially, players who couldn't dogfight to save their lives could still dominate the game simply by outspending their opponents.

Posted: Feb 5th 2012 8:41PM scruff57 said

would be nice if you could log in all american servers are down or hit and miss for last 24 hrs and no fix in the near future

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 9:03PM (Unverified) said

The company does not care about the player community and has neglected major issues in the game such as player imbalances, lack of content, server responsiveness, etc since closed beta which was nearly a year ago. Not worth your time or effort, tbh.

Posted: Feb 18th 2012 1:18AM bootsw said

They make great games, get a lot of people to play on them.. then they just absolutely ruin their games to milk them for cash. I wonder if a fully upgraded account in BSG costs thousands yet?? If you see big point games.. you may try them but hold on to your wallet.. tight!!!! They're prone to cheating their customers in a 'legal' way.

Betawatch: August 23 - 29, 2014