Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 10:30AM (Unverified) said

Looks pretty cool. I still wish they'd give us at least a couple larger maps along with a longer view range, but new content is always welcomed so no complaints here.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 3:04PM Vandal said

@(Unverified) The game's view range mechanic is one of the reasons I finally quit this game. I got tired of seeing tanks literally disappear from sight in the middle of an open field because they move a yard too far away.

But longer view/sight ranges would put the Russian tanks at a disadvantage with their powerful but less accurate guns and we can't have that. We certainly wouldn't want German tanks to start hitting things with their long 88s at anything close to historical ranges so the game just makes targets disappear from view.

It's a pity since the game does have it's good points and it can be fun when you're not getting hit by invisio-tanks. I have to wonder if we'll see the same bizarre sighting mechanic in World of Planes and World of Warships.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 4:52PM h4ngedm4n said

@Vandal
What is this. Jagdpanther with the L/88 is one of my best win:loss and most played tanks. I enjoy the VK3001(H) and the PzIV as well. Luchs is also awesome but for different reasons. Really, I'm aware of the discrete spotting mechanic as well but its funner to work with it than to blame it for losses.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 6:26PM (Unverified) said

@h4ngedm4n

It's not that you can't have good games with German tanks/TD's it's just that it's a lot harder to do so as the game does balance in a way that gives the Russian tanks a distinct edge. I've played both the Russian and German extensively and the Russian is just simply easier to have good games with. That being said, I still prefer the German as I 1) Find them cooler, and 2) feel more satisfaction because I "earn" my kills with them.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 10:53AM (Unverified) said

I was wondering if the Hellcat would ever turn up. Wonder if it'll have the kind of speed in-game that it did in real life.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 11:05AM nimzy said

If you look at the "full release" American tech tree a couple of the highest tier heavies are getting re-designated as Tank Destroyers (for reasons that should be obvious if you've ever played a high-tier American heavy). If I remember correctly if you have the tanks they show in the trailer you get the replacement heavy for free in addition to the tank you have.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 12:41PM Saker said

• 1 heart
Someday maybe they'll actually add something that looks remotely like balance to the existing game. But no of course not, anything remotely like balance is a pay feature, pay-to-win.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 4:25PM ed anger said

someone needs to tell Wargaming there's not a lot of red tile Mediterranean roofs in the Midwest

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 4:28PM ed anger said

woops, just saw there's an Italian map as well.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 10:32AM (Unverified) said

The spotting mechanic is the same for everyone, and simple to understand, 2 mins reading the wiki would solve all the griping. As for balance whines, tanks from different countries have different strengths, requiring a different approach dependant on the vehicle you chose. No country is flat out better than another; if you could not figure out the best way to use your tank given its attributes, could not bother to ask in game, or read the forums or wiki, its plain user error, and no end of changes to the game mechanics can solve that.

The game is not perfect, but as a free to play game it is entertaining, and has far more depth than some of these complainers realise. Take another look; take a few minutes to read the wiki, if only the section on battle mechanics, and understand why things work the way they do before posting anymore nonsense; at least make some effort to understand what it is you are really complaining about.

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 5:05AM unferht said

@(Unverified) This is the type of people I was telling you about.

Russian tanks are flat out the best. It amazes how people cant think for themselves, and they accept it, and then will also defend it.

Posted: Feb 7th 2012 4:57AM unferht said

The game is a joke.
YES the spotting system is completely broken. Tanks sitting in a bush 5 feet away, invisible. Tanks shooting you in a bush from 5 feet away, invisible. THAT'S broken.

The game is Russian bias incarnate. Russian tanks all have the best guns and the best armor (angled armor). IS-4, Russian heavy tank, is the best tank in the game. KV-3, Russian heavy lower in tier, has a massive gun.

The game is all designed for Russian tanks to win. Their is zero balance in the game, its all game mechanic exploits. If the game were actually fair and balanced, all these people telling you everything is "fine" would not be playing it. They all pretty much want to play their OP tank and faceroll win with it.

The new french tanks with the 5 shot autoloaders is completely broken. Yes I know how to defend, but I know how to play them better than 90% of the people in clans. The problem is, not many people have actually figured out how to play them, when word gets out then everyone will come to their senses.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories