Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 8:39PM (Unverified) said

Is there a legal reason why MMOs don't have gambling within the game? (Not real gambling, but mini-games like slots, poker, etc...)

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 9:38PM avaloner said

@(Unverified)
Yea I have wondered that. How cool would it be to have a casino ingame and you get to play black jack or whatever for ingame currancy or some other form of currancy that you could buy fluff items with.

Hell thinking about it you could add all sorts of mini-games like chess or whatever for players to go against each other in-game. I know that type of thing would not interest everyone (it does not involve combat) but it could be another way to pad out endgame.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 9:56PM JuliusSeizure said

@(Unverified)

Off the top of my head, Fallen Earth has slot and poker machines in the majority of bunkers (the equivalent of 'inns'). I'm sure there's other examples I'm not thinking of.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 8:40PM (Unverified) said

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 11:50PM Utakata said

Q for Massivley:

I noticed City of Heores has the Roman costume set up in its item mall. This was something you could get for your characters if you did the Midnight mish chain *thingy out in that Roman zone thingy. I presume you stiil can. Or is it?

...or is this something that Paragon Studios put there for those who don't want to do that zone again for their army of alts?

*Note: Thingy denotes anytime that my mind forgets and/or brain farts on the proper name and/or shop lingo for. :(

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 1:05AM JuliusSeizure said

@Utakata

It is, except the bow, and it's missing the swords you get for doing it ingame. That said, it's an account wide unlock, whereas doing it ingame means waiting until at least level 35 each time. It's not bad, not great.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 3:41AM Utakata said

@JuliusSeizure

I figured that's what it was. I just worried they might have pulled a Nexon and made items only purchasable threw their cash shop. Thank you for resting those fears.

Posted: Feb 3rd 2012 7:18PM Draq said

Seriously Massively? Your going to complain about this when you don't credit people who have tipped you off on things? I know I've never gotten credit for anything I have tipped you guys off on, it's pretty much the same thing...

Posted: Feb 4th 2012 2:12PM mrcaptainpants said

@Draq
Except that its not the same thing...at all. Not even a little bit. Reporters get tips that lead to stories all the time, but as they are the ones who actually WRITE the stories, there is no reason to credit someone else.

What Massively is talking about is when a reporter actually WRITES the story and someone copies and pastes it word for word.

If, however, your "tip" to Massively about a story comes in the form of a fully written article which then then posted and credited to someone else, you would then have a point.

Otherwise, you are talking about two very different things. You won't find an article anywhere, in any publication that credits a writer for the story and someone else for "the tip that led to the story".

Posted: Feb 6th 2012 10:54PM Brianna Royce said

@Draq We credit the first tipster to send us a story if said tipster sends it in before we find it, of course! :) You can usually see it at the bottom of our posts. Here's a recent example: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02/05/teras-eu-sneak-peek-weekend-canceled-due-to-unknown-technical-f/