Posted: Feb 1st 2012 12:15PM Lumin said

I prefer a more minimalistic website design, with easy to find links/newsfeeds to both screenshots/features/etc (for new players) and general game updates/news (for current players.) Shiny graphics are nice but having one very nice top banner is enough. A good layout and use of Photoshop can take care of the rest. I hate sites that are entirely made of flash apps or that have way too many animated things moving about.

Posted: Feb 1st 2012 4:12PM scrubmonkey said

Eh, I skip it all and go straight to the forums anyway... If it has an active and vibrant community and informative guides, I'm happy.

Posted: Feb 1st 2012 4:32PM Shoikler said

The first thing I want to see on a website is a listing of the system requirements. Unfortunately, all too many sites - especially the ones for those FTP games that advertise everywhere - either bury them in the forums or don't bother with them at all. No, I'm not going to create an account if you're not going to assure me I can even play your game first.

Posted: Feb 1st 2012 5:44PM corpusc said

the most important thing is to be careful to identify which games are NOT massively multiplayer on a site thats supposed to be about massively multiplayer games.

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO DO THIS FOR ALL TITLES COVERED! thanks!

maybe there should be standardized database fields associated with each game so players can easily see these relevant features at a glance, when seeing articles about them.

fields like:
level of instancing (MMOness)
f2p/sub/cash shop, how much a sub costs
what kind of trial (or not) is available
setting genre (fantasy/western/steampunk)
gameplay genre (fps, rpg, rts)

etc.... things that are make or break features to alot of players, so they can know whether or not to read more about the game or installing it and playing it. i've wasted so much time installing and putting time into games i had no hope of liking if i'd known some of these details in advance!

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 11:03AM Barrikade said

Don't play anymore, but WoW's site on Battle.net is probably the best I've ever encountered. Also the armory! I've wished for an armory for every MMO I've played since.

Posted: Feb 11th 2012 8:18PM aktillum said