Posted: Feb 1st 2012 1:19PM (Unverified) said

I'd love to give this game a try. it looks like fun ,ad the artwork looks amazing.

But alas.....it uses GameGuard......ugh

Posted: Feb 1st 2012 1:33PM Titula said

@(Unverified)
They aren't using GameGuard if you play the Russian version, you need only learn the language :-P

Posted: Feb 1st 2012 2:05PM Braiks said

@(Unverified) I've been playing Allods and never seen gameguard running. Are you sure you aren't confusing this with some other game?

Posted: Feb 1st 2012 1:27PM Titula said

In before "Item store killed this nascent game" bitter screams :-P
But... I do regret that this game doesn't offer a subscription option that would give us all in-game items because I don't like/trust item stores and I find it sad that such a good game as Allods went the Store way. I've been playing it and I definitely like the Russian medieval/soviet ambience and the quirky things in it like astral ships and floating islands. As it's polished, has good graphics and has a lot of content I still don't understand why they didn't let us subscribe, even for the usual 11 euros/month because buying crystals or whatever is just the start of an infernal spiral if you don't know when to stop and don't pay attention :-(

Posted: Feb 1st 2012 4:04PM ZyZ said

Subscription-only market is shrinking. Im not an expert but my gut tells f2p have to be superior model of running business. Some users will never accept it and companies are aware of that yet more and more games are switching to f2p model anyway.

Posted: Feb 1st 2012 8:22PM (Unverified) said

I gotta admit, I been playing this game and thought it was just a shitty F2P game. It isn't though, even though I'm level 21, I've actually started to like the game a lot. And since it is free, it doesn't matter when I stop playing. I don't feel rush to get to max cause I'm not paying monthly(not saying in WoW or SWTOR it does that, but I'm sure it somewhat has an effect on me).

This game comes as cool to WoW without paying any money. Yeah, since it is free, youll will wanna buy items in the cash shop, and over all you would pay more money then just 14.99 a month. Mainly cause, say if you wanna buy a mount youll have to pay for it for each character. But, most people like to stick with one character.

With this patch they are also adding battlegrounds, I honestly can't wait to try it out with my player (lowest lvl to play is 24).

I totally recommend trying this game, but don't just think since its F2P its shit, and not read about how the game works, how the skills work, or the talent system. I did that plenty of times trying to play this game. But now I actually took the chance and took my time, I think this game is great. I really love the ship battles, thats just amazing! You can jump on other people's ships and starting attacking the people on it. Deff cool stuff!

Posted: Feb 1st 2012 8:24PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

I dont understand why my account still says im unverified when im not. what the heck?

Posted: Feb 1st 2012 8:30PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Me too.

Back to the topic...It's so sad how badly Allods Online was handled.

If I was one of the nuts and bolts artists/programmers I would be pissed.