That's where you come in. After learning that our own Rubi Bayer will be whisked away by an as-yet unnamable job offer, we're in desperate need of someone to fill her weekly Guild Wars/Guild Wars 2 columnist spot on the site*.
Follow along after the jump for the full details!
*Keeping us in line and making "that's what she said" jokes optional.
First off, let me just get it out of the way: This position is not to replace all of Rubi's duties on the site as Community Manager, only the Guild Wars columnist part. Please don't send us anything about how you want the Community Manager position. This position is for covering both Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2. It's a paid position, and those details will be revealed to the right candidates in the next step of the process.
Here's what we're looking for in a Guild Wars columnist:
- An ability to follow instructions. Starting now!
- A passion for Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2. You'll be the one to know the difference between Blood Ritual and Blood is Power. You cried when Prince Rurik died, and you annoy your friends with quotes from Edge of Destiny every chance you get. You probably also know the names of at least 10 ArenaNet employees, but we don't want to know about any restraining orders.
- Solid writing skills. We don't have the time or resources to rewrite your work for you. Your application is your first test.
- Commitment to writing. Columnists are expected to produce a 1000-to-1500-word column every week. Some columnists will be permitted to write extra news posts as well. You will not be paid to play free games all day long in this job. It's like, work and stuff.
- Possession of a computer, reliable internet, basic html- and image-editing skills.
- Work eligibility wherever you're located. Bloggers outside the U.S. must have a bank account and be able to accept payments by wire transfer or Paypal. We cannot hire anyone under the age of 18.
- Real-world contactability via email, phone, or instant message.
- Complete contact information, including your full name, full address, phone number, email address, and any instant messenger accounts at which you can be reached.
- An explanation of why you're the right person for the job.
- An overview of your gaming experience, favorite characters, classes, levels, achievements, and goals. Be sure to focus on Guild Wars here.
- Ten sample topics you will explore in your column, with a brief outline of each topic and a reason that it's compelling content that Massively should produce.
- One sample column of around 500 words (this will be shorter than your real work for us, but we don't have time to read a novel!).
Additional questions can be submitted to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck and thanks for your interest!