Posted: Jan 30th 2012 11:43AM pcgneurotic said

Rubi's going? Nooooo!! Well, good luck and have fun Rubi, and don't forget to stop by the forums now and then. :)

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 11:54AM Amlin said

Rubi's a tough act to follow that's for sure. Her articles were full of passion and fun to read.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 12:00PM Space Cobra said

Kinda confused. So will Rubi be doing 2 jobs? Her "new" one and "Community Manager" here or what?

I can sorta guess what her new job may be...

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 12:03PM Space Cobra said

@Space Cobra

Ah...okay, I read the previous article. Sounds like a "sure thing". Even with the "Community Manager" thingie.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 12:05PM vekien said

This is a sad day :( she is epic!!

Good look to those who apply.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 12:10PM MMOaddict said

Bummer. Wish I liked GW1 enough to go for this. I don't. Now if this was for GW2, that's a whole different beast. :D

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 12:22PM Joaquin Crowe said

Rubi is/was very passionate about a (honestly) quite old game and always a good read. Good luck to the applicants, you've got a high hurdle to jump!

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 12:23PM JediSeer said

Vekien, I believe you meant to say "good luck". (Do I get bonus points for showing that I can proofread? :P)

All kidding aside, am I correct in interpreting this as a position for the original Guild Wars and not the upcoming Guild Wars 2? Or, will it include providing content for both?

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 12:30PM ShawnSchuster said

@JediSeer

Sorry that wasn't clear enough. It's for both games, as a general all-things-GW columnist. I've clarified the wording in the post.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 12:48PM MattyTime said

RUBI!!! NoooOOOooOOO please still make guest appearances on Massively Speaking...it just won't be the same otherwise!

Good luck!!

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 12:56PM Utakata said

You guys should be paying her more than that other job offers to stay. :(

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 1:00PM Dunraven said

Wondering If Rubi got hired by Arenanet...that would be awesome.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 1:05PM Swabs said

Aw, if only this opportunity had come about a few months later after I'd finished my degree. Seriously wishing I had stuck with Guild Wars when I first bought it as a kid too, this job would be awesome.

Good luck to Rubi, and to whoever takes her place!

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 1:46PM JuliusSeizure said

I'm going to have to pass this one on to my partner. It's right up her alley as the one of us who actually loves GW1, and honestly, she's much more of a dedicated writer than me.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 1:51PM Tom in VA said

Ahhh, Guild Wars.

So many fond memories and good times with that game. It is surely one of the best online games I've ever played. Alas, for me, GW1 has been replaced by SWTOR, which displays the story-telling magic of GW1 and even has "heroes" (companions) like GW1, but is set in a persistent world, which I prefer.

It'll be interesting to see whether GW2 has the same magic as GW1 in terms of telling a story -- and allowing players to feel like a part of that story. The loss of heroes in GW2, however, really diminishes the luster of GW2 for me (though I'll still be playing it, no doubt).

Best of luck always, Rubi. I very much enjoyed and appreciated your articles.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 1:57PM Esse said

Looks like GW2 got itself a new community manager!

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 2:15PM peyo01 said

We will miss you Rubi. Your passion for gaming and MMOs was very communicative. And how will we survive without your now worldwide known rants ??... ;-)

Anyway, so life goes. Quite often, living is moving on. So, I hope you the best with this new job opportunity.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 2:41PM Vandal said

Rubi was a good person to have on Guildcast, too bad she's moving on.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 2:55PM BarGamer said

I was all excited until I got to the "HTML and image-editing skills." Then I got depressed as I realized that Massively Speaking is just going to be Tries-But-His-Voice-Is-Nowhere-Deep-And-Relaxing-Enough Justin and occasionally Epyk-Beard Shawn, and similarly for Guildcast on GBTV.

Cya around, Rubi!

I'm calling it now, Rubi is going to join ArenaNet as the official Charr Ambassador or something similarly awesome.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 3:04PM Space Cobra said