Posted: Jan 30th 2012 5:37PM (Unverified) said

Speaking as a Professor of Literature who also happens to be an avid online gamer, I must admit that I spacebar quite frequently when playing alts, or revisiting daily quests. The dialogue is tolerable the first time---and only the first time---through. After that the mediocrity of the cutscene, which to its detriment attempts to be bland enough to appeal to as many people as possible, becomes more than I can bear.

Yeah, yeah, buddy, just give me the quest. I'd rather be pwning Imps than listen to you blather on.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 5:46PM deadborder said

I've been skipping the hell out of the Sidequest dialogue for the most part, but of late I've taken to skipping bits of the story quest cutscenes as well. It doesn't help that there are very few NPCs in the game that I actually care about. For all their vaunted writing skill, the actual dialogue in SWtoR is no better (or worse) than any other MMOs.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 6:45PM Graill440 said

A couple comments in here are spot on. Some not so much. I SWTOR the first run through was great. I found however my choices made no difference at all, which is contrary to what the devs stated, at first they seem like like you will be getting into deepr conversations later on, more intrigue, etc, instead you find you get an ingame email for 160 credits for helping stop a major assault, or 1600 credits as your part of a stolen biotech regenerative, one of a kind, universe changing set of plans, the whole game falls flat on its face after the first run of cinematics.

Nothing chnages, cheap resolution to what we were led to believe would be far more, pathetic.

I tried a second character, i hate alts, but was still into the cinematic thing when..........deja vu, the same lines appeared as with my other character, no mistaking the voice either, cut and paste, are you kidding me?!

So with that huge failure i promptly stopped, submitted a nasty ticket and stopped my sub. To many thing are wrong with TOR and to have the "next experience" turn sour so blatently, well, i simply could not go on, nor pay these dev clowns any more money.

I made my money back on ebay with my box set but i feel i will be eating the 1 month i paid, i think i got out cheaply. I gave the game a shot, in two or three years SWTOR will probably be where it should have been at launch, not right now, and the cinematics will only hinder folks thelonger they play the game because of broken promises, i mean why go on when the story, which is the huge, huge thing, is as empty and shallow as the people making it.

folks anticipating consequence, get a small hope filled cinematic,then two days later the huge change you contributed to is an ingame email with some beyond cheap credit amount, no story, no intrigue, no anything, just daily grinds, raiding, etc, no story. You have been warned. Grin

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 7:19PM pulkiepulk said

I think most people playing TOR don't have the time to obsessively post on MMO new sites, they haven't actually finished the game. They probably still listen to the voice overs. I still do. Most people who DO have the time to play an MMO and post on sites like this, aren't people you'd like to actually meet or take advice on stuff that's awesome. So I take most of the responses to this DG with a grain of salt.

pulk still listens to the dialog. pulk still enjoys it. pulk may, or may not be better than you. If you are getting mad right now, pulk is better than you.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 7:45PM Daeths said

Yes, early and often unless im given a particularly compelling reason not to

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 7:45PM (Unverified) said

I don't skip a thing. If I ever end up repeating content, I might skip a little, but likely I will still watch a good deal of it.

I have always mildly RPed my characters, and I'm loving every minute of the dialog.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 8:15PM Alph said

I skip dialogue like I fast forward through T.V. shows and Movies.

I honestly don't understand how this is even a valid question yet I totally realize it completely is.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 9:08PM cyb3rpunk75 said

The stories in this game are completely terrible, boring, uninspired, did I mention awful? This game is so bad. No wonder the game director jumped ship a year ago. SWTOR is full of completely unoriginal cliché suck.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 9:25PM (Unverified) said

I still like to listen to the dialog. The only times I skip dialog is when I've heard it before, or it is an alien language. Not only is the alien language gibberish ("Jarba gohh hooka looka daooopu!"), but for whatever reason, the speech ends several seconds before the next line, so there will literally be several seconds of silence and blank stares until the next line starts.

I don't fault Bioware for using alien language. It's very "Star Wars". But I do fault them for those uncomfortable pauses.

Posted: Feb 2nd 2012 5:52AM gustave154 said

@(Unverified) yup the alien dialogue is pretty funny. the keep saying the same thing but it translates to different things.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 2:08AM Valentina said

Depends, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Never for class story; sometimes for regular missions if I've done them on previous characters and am choosing the same options. If I'm choosing new options than I don't skip it.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 5:21AM (Unverified) said

I listen to the dialogue probably 90% of the time. The voice acting is quite good and I can get the quest without having to read a wall of text. The only time I skip is if I say leveled up a knight to 10 and then logged on a consular. I had just done a lot of the Tython quests so I already know what they are going to say.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 9:48AM Scarecrowe said

My daughter and I were playing and I had a quest that she didn't have so she wasn't able to see/hear the conversation. When she asked me to give her the gist of it, my answer was "spacebar, spacebar, spacebar, 3. spacebar, spacebar, spacebar, 3. spacebar, spacebar, spacebar, 1."

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 10:02AM (Unverified) said

I do not skip the class story quests. I do space bar through quests that have no Light / Dark side options though.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 10:46AM real65rcncom said

Usually no.

For Flashes that I've run a bunch yes. The exception is when there are people who havent seen them I usually just go afk while they are making their choices.

That's usually the best time for a bio break or a dash to the kitchen for some snacks before we start fighting again.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 5:41PM Joshinu said

No way! I'm getting every last bit of lore and story and voice acting that they put into the game. I don't think I'll skip the cut scenes even on alts cause I want to play things out differently each time. Even if the side quests are pretty much hey we need some help going and doing or getting this thing, how about it? I want to hear it and say it. The only time I skip through is if I decide to start a conversation over because I lost affection from a companion towards the end of the conversation and want to change a response.

Point in fact, last night before the servers came down I had 60 seconds to turn in a quest but I didn't skip through it at all, just made my decisions quickly. I think if you are playing this game you owe it to yourself to watch and listen.

Posted: Feb 1st 2012 5:08PM Maximum Proxy said

I don't skip in SWTOR. In Skyrim, though, I skip as soon as I'm done reading the subtitles.

Posted: Feb 1st 2012 6:35PM mispoem said

So far, still watching all the cutscenes, sometimes to the annoyance of my groupmates :P I'm sure after I do this stuff a few more times I'll skip some things but for now enjoying it all.