Posted: Jan 30th 2012 8:15PM Joshua Przygocki said

Bloodline Champions.. It was fun back in beta, but even then it lagged quite a bit. I decided to try it recently and I couldn't even play single player games against bots due to lag. It's also a crapton more expensive then games like LoL... I sank quite a bit into League of Legends, but I at least feel like I got my moneys worth out of it. I was instantly put off at the BLC store.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 6:30AM h4ngedm4n said

@Joshua Przygocki
Are you talking network lag or graphics lag? Sometimes people who arent tech savvy mix them both up as "lag". Anyway BLC doesnt have any noticeable network lag for me, but its graphics requirements are significantly higher than LoL's. So it is possible your card cannot handle BLC even at lowest settings. I had this problem on my old video card, and it would struggle whenever many things were happening.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 8:44PM pixledriven said

WTB new info on Smite

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 11:10PM Space Cobra said

"Why are all these games still in beta?"

That's a fair question that covers more than DOTA games.

I think it is a combo of things: Covering one's self as they update, although MMOs are always updated and never "finished". A lack of official announcement. Some laziness. The want/need to make money/funds for these smaller companies, but not totally ready for retail.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 4:20AM (Unverified) said

@Space Cobra I think its a form of free advertising as well. Your game will show up in searches for betas, as well as beta lists on websites such as this. Most of these games in an "extended beta" are usually free to play titles, and most (well, a lot) of these "beta testers" on these games are just looking for a free game.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 9:15AM Braiks said

@(Unverified) Exactly, and when they get to launch from beta they get a second boost of advertising.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 11:32PM Typhron said

I don't say much for HoN.

That guy with the world record. Good show.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 11:28AM Joshua Przygocki said

Network lag. I ran it on a 20mbs fiber connection in Michigan back in beta and it was somewhat laggy at times, on my slower home connection (~1.5mbs) it's VERY laggy. It's not graphics lag, I can run plenty of high end games just fine, even some of the poorly optimized ones. I know my connection isn't great, but it works fine for MMOs and other online games 80% of the time.

Posted: Feb 8th 2012 7:04PM Typhron said

@Joshua Przygocki

I meant 'good show' as a compliment, like "That's awesome, good on him." XD

Late reply is late, I know. x.x

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 12:31PM (Unverified) said

Misleading title. I expected this article to be about the trend of games to stay in perpetual beta.

Posted: Feb 9th 2012 12:41PM KaronT3 said

You're forgetting planetside2 and firefall too. What the hell are they waiting??? Oh and tribes ascend and wildstar...