Posted: Jan 30th 2012 7:04PM Ehra said

Hm, some really interesting changes. Maybe I'll have to go back and check things out once the update hits.

I had a really good time with DCUO when I tried it about a month ago, my main issue would be the UI and now unclear it is just to do things like invite someone to your group or ignore someone. But the combat was top notch, probably the most genuinely enjoyable gameplay I've experienced in a MMO yet.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 7:16PM Faction 3 said

I just logged off DCUO like...15 minutes ago, came here and never expected to see something like this here. Definately happy about the info here.

Im even more stoked that DLC 3 AND 4 are coming in the next 6 months. Which is going to kick ass. Looking foward to that new Tanking Power.

PLEEEEASE be a Physical Set!

Orange Crush_LL

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 9:00PM Furdinand said

@Faction 3 It is all but confirmed that Earth will be the next power set. Which is good, "physical" would be a terrible power set in this game.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 9:12PM Faction 3 said

@Furdinand

Yeah...you're probably right...I'd LOVE a set like Bane has in Legends. However, Brawling already has some of that. Hopefully the Earth set is'nt too gimmicky like Ice is, with the Ice Armor and junk.

I really prefer (or want, really badly) a set thats just more like a Super-Strength, Juggernaut /Rhino/Hulk-like set-up.

Perhaps Earth can fill that role, as Im already decked in Tank gear (Fire), so if its remotely close, Im all over it.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 11:28PM Space Cobra said

@Furdinand

The thing is a Dev remarked that there WERE plans for a "Physical" set during Beta and even a fair amount of powers coded, but not enough.

Even with some redundancy, I don't think fans of such a set would mind such repeated powers from other sets. CoH does this. As time goes on, it would be best if they kept adding new sets. just to revitalize things for certain players.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 11:41PM JuliusSeizure said

@Space Cobra

The problem was that it looked too boring next to all the flashy powers of other sets, according to the developers. Sounds like they just needed to add dustclouds, debris, tearing chunks out of the floor and so forth to the visual effects of the set, if you ask me. Oh, and maybe some speed/impact lines, y'know, like we see in comics.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 8:51AM Yellowdancer said

@Furdinand

We honestly don't even know if the next DLC will have a power or not. Jens keeps trolling twitter about Kevin Conroy and such being back in studio for VO work. That is all we know. They're keeping very quiet on what's coming up next.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 4:23PM Protoavis said

@Yellowdancer

ermmm he's also mentioned both gina torres, michelle forbes and a few other things that implicate an earth power set.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 8:58PM Furdinand said

It's tough to get excited about being able to queue faster for alerts you've run dozens of times before and have an easier time running raids you beat back in December.
They've been doing a lot of tinkering with the game play and QoL lately, it seems like it is at the expense of actually getting new content.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 11:06AM kalipou134 said

@Furdinand

Thats because being a content whore got them in the mess that they are today, it is what kept them from achieving greatness on the MMO market.

It would seem after a year they finally understood that you can't just be all shine and no substance.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 9:46PM remeran said

Being a player since launch, the update doesn't cater too much to someone such as myself; However I really like the idea. It allows the game to be more accessible to the surge of new players since the free to play's inception. It may even persuade me to stop playing Dr. Impossible (my main) for a sec and make an alt.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 10:45PM (Unverified) said

all I know is PVP sucks when you are low level. they shouldn't put lvl 10s against lvl 30s when you try to do the pvp quests. they should do something like most games do, put people of around the same levels in together.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 11:09PM Faction 3 said

@(Unverified)

If you mean PvP quests in the Cities, then you kinda have to deal with it, man. Its an Open-World, therefore, its Open-World PvP. Im usually floating around Gotham on the PvP phase when Im bored, and trust me, I can only imagine the nightmare it must be to level up on that phase...there are decked 30s EVERYWHERE. But again, thats the open world.

Now, that being said, the only PvP quests that Im aware of are ,in fact, the "Kill 5 new Villains" posters outside the stations, and the Jewel Heist & Ring War, if you mean something else, I have no experience in that. I stopped doing Arenas and Legends back around launch when the Sweep Shot Exploit was running rampant, and never looked into it again.

Posted: Jan 30th 2012 11:48PM (Unverified) said

No, I am talking about the Legends quests.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 9:16AM Vic Fontaine said

Novice raids sounds like an awesome idea. Now if they'll just do the same thing for Central City, it still bugs me that I paid $10 for that DLC but can't access it cause "my character's combat rating is too low".

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 9:19AM Yellowdancer said

@Vic Fontaine

If you went there, you would die.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 9:27AM Vic Fontaine said

@Yellowdancer
Well it'd have been nice to know that before I pluncked the $10 down wouldn't it? I read the "official description" and watched the trailer and it never once said it was only for those with insanely high combat ratings. I guess that's what I get for trying to support the devs and buying it on day 1.

Probably won't buy anymore DLC or cash shop crap for this game for a long, long time, but if I do, it's going to be well after it's release, and only after thorough research.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 10:22AM Furdinand said

@Vic Fontaine You can access it, you just have to play the game a nominal amount. CR 53 is a handful of T2 pieces. You'd almost certainly have it running every T2 Hard Alert and T2 Raid once (unless you were really unlucky, then twice).
WoW didn't let you into Outland before level 58, it isn't unprecedented to have a threshold for Central City. You can still run the duo and create lightning characters.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 4:55PM Protoavis said

@Vic Fontaine

Getting to CR53 is pretty easy, I've done in on two toons with fairly casual play over the past 6 weeks. Just do the alerts to get T1 gear soon as you hit 43 do the T2 alerts and raids, if you're not dps you'll likely pick up a lot of gear in the raids that'll see you jump from 43 to 50, then it's just a piece or two of T2 gear (and you'll probably have a lot of the marks for it just from doing the raids). With the gear you buy ALWAYS replace the gear with the lowest item level. If you play 4+ hours a day you could probably get to cr 53 in two weeks.

Posted: Jan 31st 2012 9:18AM Corso said

As a DCUO player since beta, I think this update is horrible. Nothing new, just the same rehashed stuff, only with easy mode.

What the hell is going on with MMO's these days? No one wants to grind, no one wants to wait for a good group, no one wants to actually make friends and party up. It all seems to be about getting to level cap in a week or less, getting top tier gear ASAP super easily, and then complaining the game doesn't have enough content. Updates like this only prove that.

How is something EPIC or RARE when everyone has it in under a month?