Posted: Jan 25th 2012 11:46AM nimzy said

MMO soon, fellow STALKER.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 11:47AM pid said

the vid doesn't show much gameplay, it's more like the graphics engine, excluding the players.
I remember the first STALKER when I bought it totally thrilled by all the unique features it had back then. Sadly, the game was quite bug-ridden and patching was not very common (or, at least, they didn't patch much).
I hope all those years of experience will show off!
if all cards are played well this is a very interesting candidate MMO!

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 2:29PM (Unverified) said

@pid

I guess bugs go hand-in-hand with open sandbox type games. That being said, I still experienced far fewer bugs with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. compared to games like Skyrim but I may have played a more updated version than you too. Anyway this announcement came out of nowhere and I'm very excited for it.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 11:56AM BenBenjamin said

This MMO game is in no way related to GSC or the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. It has been brought up before, and found to be just a knock off. One key thing to look at at this game is that it's STALKER Online, not S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Online. The game is also in third-person, has entirely different mutants, and it sucks very, very, badly.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 12:28PM pid said

@BenBenjamin Oh rly? :/ delusions...

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 1:13PM Saker said

Is this a -real- MMO, or just another lobby-based team play online shooter thing? I'm doubting it's a real MMO.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 2:56PM (Unverified) said

@Saker

It's a full on sand box mmo. Their site has better videos than the one shown here. It appears to be very atmospheric like the original STALKERS, which rewards exploration and can be very hard-core with the gun fights. Unfortunately this MMO seems to be in 3rd person, so hopefully they let you toggle a 1st person view as that lends itself so much better to immersion.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 2:06PM Mythril said

What the hell is this POS ?!? This ain't the Stalker I know and love... Move along nothing to see here. And yes it's 3rd person... Roll on Stalker 2 :)

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 3:34PM Omali said

I played the STALKER Online Russian version. I was not impressed. although to me it played a bit like Fallen Earth but with everyone typing in all caps.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 7:09PM ChainSmoker said

Jesus fuck , the whole time watching this video I actually felt like I was walking through the game myself.

Betawatch: September 13 - 19, 2014