Posted: Jan 25th 2012 10:16PM (Unverified) said

The negative aspects are greatly magnified on the internet. For the first 3 weeks I didn't even come to the official forums and I was having a blast and I assumed everyone else was too. I had to come to forums to hear all the complaining about every aspect.

All this "people have lost confidence in Bioware" and "entire guilds are unsubbing" is such BS. Fans of other games (especially GW2) live to troll the TOR community as evidenced by literally every single news article posted by Massively. They like to blow up the games flaws just for their own amusement and to rile up the people who are really liking the game.

I played 7 years of WoW and many other MMOs, I like enough of TOR that I'm gonna be there awhile. The complaints are minor and being addressed. I'm not the only one who feels this way by a longshot.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 10:16PM winterborn said

• Half a heart
Someone said it before but the game is not a real MMO to me, it is just a "Online RPG". It is missing too many MMO features and the story ruins freedom of choice and customization.

In all the beta's I did not care about bugs but the fact that it is just a console quality KOTOR3 with some online features and a sub fee.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 10:33PM Celtar said

• 1 heart
@winterborn

Good point Winterborn. I said that to Bioware in feed back to them, that it was just a rpg that happens to be connected to online. The bugs, the really silly space combat system, the bugs, the simple things that most mmorpgs have as standard etc.

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 2:58AM dudemanjac said

@winterborn What mmo features are it missing?

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 11:12PM dudemanjac said

• Half a heart
Sorry. UI has never killed a game for me. And I'm pretty sure I've had a go at most of the major releases since WoW came out. I really don't know what to tell you about using 5 screens to play. I would bet the majority us are not hampered with such a 1st World problem though.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 11:54PM Rayve said

• 1 heart
@dudemanjac You know brute forcing your opinion doesn't make it anymore right. Quit copy pasting your opinions. It's pathetic.

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 1:40AM dudemanjac said

@Rayve Blame this sorry excuse for forum design. I wanted to reply directly to the guy I wa sspeaking with. You know, having a conversation. No who's the narrow-minded one.

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 2:36AM dudemanjac said

@Rayve You start off by asking me to be open minded and then some how go to calling me an old man who liked Everquest. Any high ground or credibility you had is long gone. For one thing I hated everquest,

I understand posting fine. I don't understand why anyone would like it enough to defend it when there are so many other better formats. I don't understand the need for stamping out unpopular opinions to the point where they are either hard to read or dumped completely. I don't understand why if i click on the link in the email, it takes me to a page where if I reply it starts another post instead of replying, even though that's the button I hit. It must work perfectly for everyone else but me and you apparently feel strongly about it so there you go.

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 3:00AM Rayve said

• 1 heart
@dudemanjac Thanks for proving my point.

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 4:28AM ticklefist said

@Rayve
You couldn't have just posted your opinion on the subject? You have to find someone to springboard them off of first? That's pathetic man. You can look like anything you want on the internet and you chose to look like that. Sad.

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 10:32AM dudemanjac said

@Rayve Which point was that.

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 12:24AM Verus said

Nice interview but I hate how the questions are far longer than the answers. TB goes on and on..

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 10:24AM dudemanjac said

Except my point is that it is you, your rage quitting buddies and Dr. Five screens up there are in the minority when it comes to ppl leaving a game because of ui customization. Hey Mags, how does that work any way? I'm curious what that looks like. Can you post a pic or something?

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 1:00PM Negatron said

@dudemanjac

You right, and the others, including Dr. 5 screens are full of it. I love convo and opinion but WHAT game(MMO) has ever come out full customizable with third party mods? No rinky dink ones either...

People, no matter how eloquent and intelligent they try and word it still come off as trolling to me.

"Argh, no custom UI, I can't bare to play this!"

- Seriously??? We are not the droids you are looking for, move along.

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 8:15AM Royalkin said

I suppose it depends on who you speak to, those that I know who have been playing it, have already unsubscribed and have no plans for returning.

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 10:36AM Gojant said

Does anyone have a transcript for those of us that cant view youtube at work?

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 10:46AM Quarlo said

This game is a lazy mess. From the vomit enducing space combat to the horrible UI, this game lacks on so many levels.

The ONLY thing this game has going for it are the class driven story and cutscenes.

I play this game for the story lines and after I've done them all, this game is being uninstalled from my hard drive.

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 1:44PM Negatron said

@Quarlo

You should've just written, FOREVER ALONE...
:p

Posted: Jan 26th 2012 11:17AM Gojant said

Why cant there be a faction split between Light and Dark Side characters for specific warzones or PVP zones? That might balance more 50/50 than the factions themselves.

Posted: Jan 27th 2012 1:41AM Cyroselle said

@Gojant I've been saying that as well. Considering that on the side of the Empire you still have plenty of people that make the lion's share of their choices LS and on Republic you have the flip side of this there may indeed be a more even split for PVP purposes.

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors away in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM