Posted: Jan 25th 2012 2:09PM Misterlee said

Woah at first I thought it was a playable race!

I'd like to know when the next novel is coming out too, any news on that?

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 3:10PM (Unverified) said

@Misterlee
Hopefully when they employ a decent writer.

Edge of destiny started well, but once they started knocking through bad guys like they were mowing grass it got silly, and as for that completely out of character switch at the end...that was just lol bad.

Ghosts was pretty decent though.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 4:51PM jakofascalon said

@(Unverified) Hahah.. I agree, Edge of Destiny was pretty bad, that's why Ree is going to be penning the final piece. I haven't actually read any of her published work though. But from what I have read on blogs and in some of the lore sections, I think she's gonna do a pretty good job.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 6:40PM (Unverified) said

@Misterlee
Guild Wars 2 Guru (I think) had an article last week about it coming in August of this year.

Funny thing is, they rather gave a hint that GW2 would be released before the novel would come out because the article was about the change of authors for the novel, and they said that their original intent when the novel release date was December of 2011 was to have it out before the game. Since that's no longer the case, sounds like the intent is a pre August release date for the game itself.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 2:19PM (Unverified) said

I guess my original plan to roll a Norn named "Jotunn" would be a bad idea...

Curses!

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 2:33PM DevilSei said

@(Unverified)
Unless of course, you meet a Jotun named Norm. Then you could have your own hit sitcom!

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 3:01PM Dunraven said

Ree Soesbee is an amazing writer; that was awesome to read.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 3:43PM Nibbana said

Hey Rubi--I know there is a Massively guild in Guild Wars 1, and I'm wondering if there are people in it who are starting at the very beginning and trying to work through a good portion of the game before GW2 comes out. Meaning, would there be newbies like me to group with on Thursday nights when MVOP is running around and wreaking havoc?

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 3:53PM DevilSei said

@Nibbana

There's been all types joining lately, from those who have shuttered the game in the past and are returning for one reason or another, to those just starting out, so I wouldn't worry about being a "newbie" in the guild.

Currently though the "group" activities are on Wednesday (we are working through War in Kryta, likely finishing that tonight). But still, I'm sure there are at least a few people you could find to play with, and there is the alliance the MVOP guild is a part of as well.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 5:05PM Amlin said

@Nibbana Don't listen to them, it's a trap! ;)