Posted: Jan 24th 2012 8:12AM goldenhornet said

My thanks go to Andy Belford (Zwillinger) at City of Heroes who has really pulled the community together, and to Stephen Reid (Rockjaw) over at SW:TOR who either has enormously thick skin or a really large bottle of scotch to deal with all the flak on the troll-fest that is the official forums.

Thanks guys.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 2:59PM Daemodand said

@goldenhornet My platonic love for Zwillinger is immense, but I'm still bitter about Rock Jaw's comments about there not being enough Villain players to merit any development time.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 8:18AM DeyvidKDF said

I appreciate Star Trek Online's Community Manager, Brandon Felczer, a.k.a. PWE_BranFlakes!

batlh Daqawlu'taH!
You will be remembered with honor!

Qapla'!

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 8:19AM drginger said

Jeff "Lemon Cobra" Lewis - for being brutally honest and upfront.
Sebastian "Aion Ayase" Steifert - for going way beyond the call of duty.

/salute

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 8:29AM Space Cobra said

@drginger

"Jeff "Lemon Cobra"

HEY!

(....I wonder if it is my long-lost brother, who ran away from home years ago in the Mach 5....)

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 8:25AM DeyvidKDF said

I appreciate Star Trek Online's Community Manager Brandon Felczer, a.k.a. PWE_BranFlakes.

Thank you for the in-game events, and the Friday screenshots, and for your presence and voice on the forums and on Twitter.

batlh Daqawlu'taH!
You will be remembered with honor!

Qapla'!

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 8:35AM Space Cobra said

Okay, I have to give a shout-out to Rubi!

She's done all she can (and then some!) in promoting things and even getting game codes. She faces a hard task of keeping things going, but keeps a good, optimistic outlook that many an average MMO-player-who-posts would wither away under!

She's been pro-active and an asset to Massively and she still has her opinions and differences. Good on her.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 8:38AM Mister Eee said

I can only wish LOTRO had a true community manager. Sapience and Celestrata are forum moderators, and no more. We hear from the executive producer once or twice a year with just the general direction of the game.

Otherwise, I don't think LOTRO has a community manager, and heaven knows they can really use one at this time.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 8:55AM Lenn said

@Mister Eee The guys at the Codemasters EU forums always did a splendid job (Satine, DNote, etc.). LotRO EU forums were some of the nicer ones I've ever been at. Even trolls tended to be constructive, rather than destructive.

I have to echo a poster above: Stephen Reid deserves a major medal, just for putting up with tons of crap. I only wished he'd lay off the Tweets more and use the forums as a first medium for information.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 12:38PM jimr9999us said

@Mister Eee
Sapience is amazing and has had to put up with more grief at LotRO than I would wish on anyone. He deserves a medal or trophy or something.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 4:12PM VoodooJack said

@Lenn

I completely agree they were unbelievealbly superior to the moderators at Turbine. Even though we didnt often see eye to eye, they worked for the community.

Turbine is just awful especially Sapience, quick to ban, move, delete post without any explaination. Also the Developers insult players. Celestrata appears to be the nicest moderator there.

Justin check out this thread to see the antics Sapience gets upto on Lotro, deleting posts and altering the public's perception of Turbine and Lotro. http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/topic/834-the-things-i-have-said-that-sapience-does-not-like/page__pid__23368__st__660#entry23368

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 2:13PM Lenn said

@VoodooJack Wow. I haven't been on the unofficial forums in a while. I missed some major stuff. Has this been picked up by anyone else yet?

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 8:38AM Maseno said

I can honestly say I don't like 99.9% of the community managers. They know just enough information to be dangerous, but usually just end up pouring honey in your ear to keep people quiet.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 1:00PM Lenn said

@Maseno Don't forget these are the people who have to pass on the news to the community, good or bad. They're messengers, not much more. Often they get treated as if they themselves were responsible for whatever disaster du jour.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 8:44AM Yellowdancer said

I like Brass over at SOE. She makes developers give answers besides "Soon". Oh, and she gives away free stuff.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 8:56AM Shmoot said

The RIFT community managers for Uk and France for organising an amazing fan party after Eurogamer Expo!

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 8:56AM (Unverified) said

Tiggs at Fallen Earth. The FE team is generally awesome and Tiggs has in the past contacted me in-game to sort out a long running problem with my account.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 4:28AM pancho72 said

@(Unverified)

I haven't played FE for a long time, but their community effort is one of the things that made a lasting impact in my memory.

A big hug to all those community workers at FE whose names I unfortunately forgot.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 9:03AM Baby Choo Choo said

Seth Killian from Capcom. He is simply, by far, one of, if not the best community managers around. Not only is he knowledgeable inside and out about every single possible thing you would want to know about one of their fighting games, he's like the coolest guy in the world. Watching any of his interviews, I don't see how anyone can't come out loving that guy.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 9:10AM (Unverified) said

Favorite will always be Thunderheart from SW:Galaxies.

Kurt was definitely the best!

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM