Posted: Jan 24th 2012 6:35PM Joaquin Crowe said

Given the horde of new ships I've seen, F2P has been very good for Cryptic. Hooray for them not being stingy.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 6:45PM The Grand Nagus said

@Joaquin Crowe "But is a starship really on par with a gun that shoots tribbles? (last year's prize)"

No, its much better. Improvement FTW ;)

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 6:47PM Joaquin Crowe said

@The Grand Nagus But... it's a GUN.. that shoots.. TRIBBLES!

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 6:49PM Firix said

@Joaquin Crowe Ahh, but on top of the ship, you will get an (as yet unnanounced) prize, every day you log in, for 4 days! Exciting!

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 8:57PM Vic Fontaine said

@Joaquin Crowe
I'd rather use a gun to shoot Tribbles, but that's just me.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 3:31PM TerilynnS said

@Vic Fontaine :) I will be using my Tribble gun on my new ship. Me-double happy.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 7:03PM Rhazes said

How is the ground combat now? The space combat was great I loved it but the ground combat was an abomination and still disgusts me to the point I don't feel like re-installing.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 2:03AM Kaahn Stewart said

@Rhazes

After refusing to sub after playing the Beta, and now coming back after it went F2P (Level 20 flailing around in a Science Vessel as a Tac Officer... yeah, don't ask), the ground combat has really picked up in pace. I don't dread it nearly so much any more. Still prefer space, but it's bearable now.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 5:42AM Renko said

@Rhazes

Yep, ground combat is over quicker now is about the only good thing you can say about it. Unless they scrap it and start again from scratch I don't see how it can be improved. The cosmetic changes haven't done anything for me to be honest.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 7:10PM Mopo said

I have to say I enjoy ST more than I thought I would, so f2p is good for that. I am not a fan of Cryptic's overall look and feel, but I am adjusting. It is a bit buggy and I really hate how the missions work though. I think leveling is too fast as I am already Captain, but oh well. The range of weapons are way too short. In most fights you end up spooning until they run away or you win.

Off topic; why the hell is there a Poise pad ad?

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 7:10PM Goocher said

The Ground Combat Revamp was one of the best things they've done for the game. Everything has less HP so everything dies faster (including you) but the new FPS-ish-lite controls are great.

All of the guns were redesigned and I find myself really enjoying ground combat instead of getting to the next fight and surfing the web while my BOFF's killed the group.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 7:24PM MonkeyTiez said

Totally excited about this event. I know last year's was fun but this is really going to blow it out of the park!

Glad to see that the KDF is also getting a Flagship too, woulda been a little upset if they didn't. Can't wait either way!

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 3:32PM TerilynnS said

@MonkeyTiez Monkey - you DID see the final version of the bortaS, right? I've just been swooning over her. I will actually be looking forward to leveling my Klingon toons now - just so I can fly that thing!

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 5:03PM MonkeyTiez said

@TerilynnS Oooh yea, the final version Capt logan tweeted looks so(dare I say it)FREAKIN AMAZNG! I can't wait to see the quest to obtain the ship too!

I know on your podcast you mentioned, you didn't want to level KDF char cause of PvP. I can let you know that you don't have to touch PvP if you don't want to, Since they pushed up the level to start KDF, you can do the questlines and still get enough XP to level through them and any side Sortie quests without PvP. I've done it with my Gorn Sci and I'm level an alt with a friend who wanted to try KDF.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 11:57PM Maseno said

So if I am to understand this, you get a free flagship for being lvl 5+ and playing the game during a certain time period?

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 3:29PM TerilynnS said

@Maseno Yes. I will write more about this on Saturday but the way it works is pretty simple:
Beginning on 2/2 for FOUR DAYS ONLY - if you sign into the game, undertake a special mission revolving around a "shakedown cruise" of the new Odyssey class (Or bortaS on the Klingon side) and complete the mission you will receive the Tier-5 ship as a reward.

Your character must be at least level 5 to undertake the mission, but once the ship is received it will remain in your inventory until you reach level cap at which time you can launch her under your command.

It's PER CHARACTER though - so if you have alts you must get them to complete the mission within that 4 day time frame or else you lose out.

Once the anniversary event is over, the ships will be removed from game for an indeterminate time and won't likely be "free" when they do return.

Hope this helps - t

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 7:49AM smellum said

Gimme them ships!

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 12:35PM justenjoy said

2 years in and still only 2 playable factions???

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 3:13PM i2hellfire said

great, another ship to deck out...nevermind my neglected (second) escort and the massive star cruiser sitting in space dock year round. jk...i'll gladly take an odyssey. now to pick which ship gets the boot from the stable...