Posted: Jan 23rd 2012 7:08PM SiML said

I think the trouble with this SOTG was that it is very matter of fact re: the core systems work currently underway and a lot of re-capping.
I'm hoping a new UNTIL report when it arrives will fill the aspirational void that many were hoping this SOTG was going to fill.
As it stands January's SOTG is comprehensive in explaining how the systems work they are doing now will enable good things in the future.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2012 8:30PM Zantom said

My biggest problem with CO is its art. I really just dislike all CO's art, in game and out of game.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2012 10:32PM Braiks said

@Zantom I think I quite like the art (I'm not really sure what you mean specifically by that) but it can get pretty inconsistent at times. For example while there are many customization options, many of them are exaggerated and you can expect to find anything in there in comparison to DCUO which keeps a more consistent look. Or maybe you mean the cell-shaded look which I'm personally indifferent.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 11:10PM psycros said

@Zantom : you can disable the inking outlines in the options someplace. That helps a lot.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2012 8:31PM gandales said

There is a post at the pts(public test server) forums about some fundamental changes in the way powers are chosen, superstats and other important features. For instance, Tier 4 powers will be free to choose at high lvl at the constraint of having only 1 tier 4 power. This week there should be the first push of these series of changes to the pts.

This SotG is telling us that they are redefining most of the systems before doing anything else, which make sense. Given that Atari held down Cryptic on budget, it is now when they can start moving forward. I am optimistic about the new changes.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2012 10:29PM JonBuck said

I hope they revamp the crazy crafting/item/gear system.

Posted: Jan 23rd 2012 10:40PM (Unverified) said

@JonBuck Looks like they are doing more than just revamping it. The functionality described in the SOTG is completely different and fits with comic book mythos. What I hope to see is that in the end crafting becomes something meaningful.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 3:10AM (Unverified) said

As a lifer who hasn't touched this game in awhile this actually has me semi-interested. Maybe a good break from TOR from time to time. Then again maybe not since theres so many single player games I gotta catch up on. Last time I checked in was to claim my hideout and played a little of the first comic series which was so-so IMHO. They need better voice actors like TOR has.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 3:24PM Daemodand said

I've tried this 3 times now. Twice I lost interest in the tutorial area, once I got out of the tutorial area never to log in again.

I really wish they'd gone with a different art style. They went with something very, very distinctive and many people, such as myself get turned off by it.

Lowering the graphics settings, things get very ugly(er) very quickly. You can even make the game look like an abstract painting it gets so bad.

Kudos to muscle-bound females and personal hideouts, though!

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 11:12PM psycros said

I just wish they'd address the RIDICULOUS lag and constant disconnects. Admittedly I have a really poor connection, but I can play DCUO with almost no latency and I *never* get kicked.

Posted: Jan 29th 2012 5:36PM Arcadian said

Two and a half years in and they are ripping out the game's guts and rebuilding them.

Need I remind anyone what happened when CoX did the same thing and brought us "Enhancement Diversification" or SWG gave us "New Game Enhancements"?

Add CO and "Secondary Super-Stats" to the list. THIS IS A MASSIVE, MASSIVE NERF. Why? NO NEW ENDGAME CONTENT SINCE VIBORA BAY.

I feel sorry for all of you. Your game is about to be destroyed.

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny