Posted: Jan 20th 2012 5:11PM Warsyde said

So, umm, what did happen to Taikodom? Telling us there's been no further news isn't really saying anything we don't already know :P

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 12:31PM (Unverified) said

@Warsyde It is what it is.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 2:52PM Jef Reahard said

@Warsyde

We've contacted GamersFirst to get an official comment/update. As soon as I find out I'll either update it here or put it in a future column installment.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 10:25PM NekoDaimyo said

@Warsyde
It is news, if you were not already aware of the game.

Posted: Jan 25th 2012 8:31PM Jef Reahard said

@Warsyde

I finally managed to talk to someone at GamersFirst, and Taikodom is still being developed by the Hoplon guys in Brazil.

No release date, though, and I'll have the full quote for you in this Friday's Firing Line.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 5:21PM (Unverified) said

Great Article!! Really refeshed my mind on some of these fps. now to go play some tribes ascended!

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 5:29PM giiu926 said

Taikodom is still going on in brazil , it has received many updates , including a massive redesign of the game , which now puts players in 2 diferrent factions warring for control of many parts of the galaxy .I dont know about the north american version of the game , but the game is definitely not dead !

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 6:30PM Braiks said

I saw Battleground Europe and remembered you never mentioned Heroes & Generals in this column. Worth checking out, it's in Alpha right now with invited steadily being handed out.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 1:37PM Jef Reahard said

@Braiks

Yeah that's one I'm excited about; I'll definitely be devoting some column space to it soon.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 6:37PM Robot Monster said

Any news on Huxley?

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 7:18PM Dianoga4 said

@Robot Monster Yea that's what I was wondering as well. I was able to get into the Korean version for a bit a while back but the lag was pretty bad to the point of unplayable. I was looking forward to playing Huxley on some NA servers.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 12:31PM (Unverified) said

@Dianoga4 Wasn't that game supposed to be all instanced and not open-world?

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 1:36PM Jef Reahard said

@Robot Monster

That's a good question, I'll poke around and see if I can find out anything on Huxley.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 7:24PM Dianoga4 said

I played Taikodom for a while when it was the international version before the split between Brazil and the NA version. It was alright, not spectacular but it was pretty decent. Lag was bad sometimes but was somewhat playable. I was checking the Gamersfirst forums about it but gave up after not hearing a single thing from the devs for months. There were some hardcore fans that were convinced that the game was still coming and that the redesign was just taking longer than thought but at this point unless they start showing something pretty soon, I say we call this one vaporware.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 8:13PM corpusc said

what of HUXLEY?

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 12:49AM mattwo said

What about Project Visitor? I played that once a while ago and haven't touched it since...

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 2:47AM Dianoga4 said

@mattwo Heh, Project Visitor is definitely still around. It could use some more people playing that's for sure. It's not for everyone, PVP only, no NPC mobs, steep learning curve, yea the graphics are dated but it is still fun to play especially when some big battles get going. For any who don't know, Project Visitor or PV is an Indie game that has a mix of FPS and RTS to it. It used to be run by Sega years ago under the name 10six. You do run around in first person and can kill other players with hand held guns but you also build bases with different types of tanks or rovers as they call them in the game and also gun turrets to protect your bases. The game runs 24/7 with most of the bases you build open for people to attack so you better buliid strong defenses and have friends to help protect your bases when you're not there. It's always evolving and there are still plans to add more things to the game. It's a hope and dream for many including the guy running the game to eventually redo the game with a newer graphics engine to help update the look of the game. Unfortunately these days people tend to look at a games graphics and decide by that whether the game looks fun enough to try. People can miss out doing that. Not just talking about PV either.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 11:13AM mattwo said

God, and I thought I was bad about tangent-rants....It's bad enough I DID know all this already...

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 11:21AM Dianoga4 said

@mattwo Haha yea it was a bit of a rant but mostly just posting some brief info for other people besides yourself that probably didn't know. :)

Betawatch: August 23 - 29, 2014