Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:04PM (Unverified) said

Pets can be boring, they never excited me in any game really. They just follow you around, it' seems to be a little distracting. If they made me laugh, were more interacting; perhaps had like a ton of emotes, rode on my shoulder, and had some functions; autoloot, extra bag space, pvp alerts, Aion had a couple good ideas here.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:24PM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

I am kinda mixed, but I am mostly like you. I bring them out, but if they don't do much, I tend to not bring them out again because they can distract me.

At least the early ones in WoW would do stuff on their own accord, like yawn or what-not. A Mouse-Droid here....well...granted, it is hard to make a series of /emotes for a mouse-droid, but really...it's like a Roomba-vacuum cleaner but without the suction-power.

I like the "Free Realms" way of Pets. Teach them some tricks and maybe dress them up. Maybe emote and interact with them in fun, social emotes. Atm, the pets aren't really that spectacular, even though I plan on collecting them.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 4:36PM Amlin said

@Space Cobra People will bitch but I like the pokemon battle type thing with mini pets. Gives more reason to collect them and just have them besides as a badge that you were in a beta or you bought a 200 dollar CE.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:06PM Arctic Frog said

Taun-taun? Mount, much?

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:06PM Maseno said

• Half a heart
First comes the mini-C3PO's, second comes the Sparkle Ton-Tons.

Welcome to the World of Star Wars.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:54PM Spacegrass said

@Maseno

Has there been a SWTOR article that you haven't posted that in? At least learn how to spell taun-taun.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:08PM SpeedLazer said

You guys waiting for the balloon?

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:16PM smartstep said

Will there be pokemon battles like in WoW's MoP? :P

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:17PM Dunraven said

Sorry this is something I actually want...but for the love of god don't make them Mini; I want a full size vanity pet thank you very much.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:20PM Space Cobra said

@Dunraven

I can agree to that. Even "half-sized" versions, like a spider-droid. Or a small Taun-Taun.

Actually, maybe we should have Taun-Tauns as mounts...smaller Taun-Tauns as pets.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:25PM edgecrusherO0 said

OMG! ANOTHER ARTICLE OF MASSIVELY ATTACKING SWTOR! THEY'RE CLEARLY SHOWING THEIR BIAS AND HOW MUCH THEY HATE THE GAME AND...

Wait what?

Oh look, another news story, pretty cool.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:33PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
How bout less developer time spent on useless pets and more time spent adding meaningful open world pvp.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. WTF is wrong with developers? The formula to a mega successful mmorpg seems mind numbingly obvious to me, yet all the big devs seems to have not a clue..

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:45PM Lenn said

@(Unverified) Mayhaps you should apply for a job there, then. We'll be over there in the corner, awaiting your magnificent contributions with bated breath. If I were you, I'd apply for the position of Developer In Charge Of Non-Combat Pets And Meaningful Open World PvP, because that's totally a real job description.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:50PM Nenene said

@(Unverified)
This game is like the Twilight Zone.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:57PM Eamil said

@(Unverified)

The artists whose job it is to create those vanity pet models are totally taking time away from their busy programming jobs to do them.

Seriously.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:58PM Spacegrass said

• 1 heart
@(Unverified)

I feel the same way. Patch 1.1 showed me how out of touch with reality they really are, spending their time making a new flashpoint when they should have been fixing PvP. And now, it looks like they're going to be adding pointless gimmicks like vanity pets, instead of fixing PvP.

I really wanted SWTOR to be the MMO I stick with, but the way things are going I'll probably unsub after finishing the agent and consular stories.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 3:01PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
@Eamil You don't think there's dev $ being spent on pets that could otherwise go to polishing actual gameplay. This doesn't need pets it needs bug fixes and world pvp.
This announcement about pets is sending signals that BW doesn't have their priorities straight.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 3:02PM Clemalum07 said

@Eamil lol

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 3:45PM KvanCetre said

@(Unverified)
There isn't.
Artists render 3D pets. They don't modify game code or modify balance of the game. You dont fire artists and bring them back when needed.
You have a ton to learn about managing a business, let alone running an mmo.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 3:49PM Buhallin said

@Spacegrass Seriously? Even ignoring that PvE (and story-based elements like Kaon) are the primary draw of this game, there was a ton of bug fixing in general and more than a few PvP-specific changes such as the warzone tiering and fixing the top-level Bio stuff, which players had been screaming about.

They also made changes to Ilum to try and fix what was going on there, so they actually did address the very specific niche issue you're worried about.

"Out of touch with reality"? I think that applies to someone here, but it's certainly not Bioware.