Posted: Jan 20th 2012 8:07PM (Unverified) said

@Ratham

Let's look at your ideas point-by-point:

>Limit players in the zone based on the underdog side

When does this kick in? 2 Empire and 1 Republic enter; so at that point do you prevent any more Imperials from zoning into Ilum?

>Give a % buff to the underdog side based on the ratio of how out numbered they are

Assuming it's all zerg-vs-zerg, maybe would work. But I'd hate to go in there looking for some pvp as a solo player on the non-underdog side.

>Npcs for every person they're out #'d by

Again, applicable only in zerg-vs-zerg situations.

>Add a 3rd faction just for Ilum with monster-play style classes

Er...not sure about this one.

>Add incentives to re-roll / play Republic

Please see Aion and how that's working out over there.

>Turn Ilum into a large 24v24 warzone

Ummm, turn open world into an instanced warzone? I think they have that already:P

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 8:54PM Deadalon said

Worst offenders?

Im sorry but when 1 faction has gotten gear that is 1 tier higher than the other then something is seriously wrong in terms of balance. And they are just gonna let that be ?

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 9:13PM Fiasco said

I don't see why people hate on a game that is as huge as SWTOR.

I know there are bugs and issues that need to resolved. But for a developer doing there first MMO and possibly the most ambitious/risky game to date, I think Bioware did a good job.

Is it perfect? No.

Is it fun? I think so.

For anyone not just hitting puberty, remember how many bugs WoW had at launch? A lot.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 10:25PM (Unverified) said

@Fiasco : Most ambitious/risky game to date? Hahaha. Never in the history of gaming has there been a release with a LOWER ambition-to-budget ratio.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 3:04AM Weiji said

@Fiasco Because making a really bad WoW clone is risky.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 9:46PM winterborn said

The delay and all the other crap was reported by the thousands in beta after beta after beta.

No excuse for the crappy game, they should have told EA no we won't turn the next Kotor into a mmo for you.

The story rpg is console worthy but it sucks as a mmo.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 11:27PM rockman0 said

SWTOR is Bioware's first MMO? I thought they worked on Neverwinter Nights as well (the old one)? They also claim to have worked on Warhammer Online on their website.

Anyways, I'm not bad mouthing them, but the ability delay is what made me cancel my pre-order. I mean, I loved the game, but it was kind of annoying that my character would wait about 5-10 seconds after I'd pressed a skill before he actually executed that skill.

I hope they do manage to get this issue fixed. I loved the game, but that was kind of a dealbreaker for me.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 4:42AM wahahabuh said

@rockman0 I believe that's because whatever was left of Mythic is now part of Bioware. They're called Bioware Mythic, or something like that, hence why a lot of the bugs that existed in WO seems to have transferred over, including the disappearing unsub button.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 4:15AM SKYeXile said

why are people complaining about "pvp" imbalance in a pve game...seriously people.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 9:00AM Borick said

@SKYeXile Because, as with everything else in this overhyped showboat of a game, they touted that PVP would be a part of their game.

They want to provide the WoW experience everyone came to enjoy, right? Well, a good third of that WoW experience is a rich, fully-implemented PVP system.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 6:42AM Carnagh said

It's a very fun game... there are several very fun games competing for my attention... exploiters are rewarded in this game, therefore I'm out.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 5:46PM Cyroselle said

It goes w/ everything!

Honestly if I were playing SWTOR, I'd be rolling an IA, and yeah, I would go Grey. My character idea for an IA is to be fairly mercantile with an even blend of 'what's good for my wallet' and 'just trying to avoid drama' based morality... in other words, just get the damn job done and move on, the professional vs. the sadist.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 5:47PM Cyroselle said

@Cyroselle ^ That was meant to be a response to Fiasco and Space Cobra, but somehow the commenting system skipped threads. :(

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 11:12AM Sean D said

I don't think there's any fairer way for BW to handle this. It amounts to looking for and appropriately punishing those who took advantage of the system when it was down. The thing we, as players, must do is keep pressure on BW to fulfill their promise. As it takes time for BW to find each individual and respond to their actions, our general pissed-off'edness will fade. It would make it easy for BW to forget about the whole thing and move on. We can't let that happen.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 12:42PM happyfish said

I think bugs like this make for interesting lore among vets. It's fun to reminisce about crazy stuff that happened at launch. Like when Age of Conan did a patch and half of the player base turned invisible for a day (lol all the QQ in general chat). After quitting an MMO that I played for 3 years, all I have is memories of the game. In year people will be laughing about the day Illum died to the empire.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 5:48PM Cyroselle said

@happyfish That's actually a very nice point!

Swordsman launches today