Posted: Jan 19th 2012 8:24PM Daeths said

Aww... seemed like it could have been a very unique set too. Least its not like force in that its repel and not app knocks like i feared it would be

Posted: Jan 19th 2012 10:41PM (Unverified) said

This was really a set I didn't see a need. To borrow Hero System terminology Wind is just a special effect. Force seemed to do the job just fine.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 12:23AM UnSub said

@(Unverified) I think for a number of people the cosmetics of powers are very important rather than having completely unique powersets every time.

Posted: Jan 19th 2012 10:46PM (Unverified) said

I clicked on this article expecting Champions Online to have added frilly dresses and silly hats. I'm disappointed.

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 6:49AM Patrick Mackey said

@(Unverified) It's a fairly well-known fact that I'm a Touhou fan and I play Hisoutensoku, heh.

Either way, no frilly dresses or hats this patch. Sorry :

Posted: Jan 20th 2012 2:37PM (Unverified) said

@Patrick Mackey
I was fairly certain I remembered someone on the massively staff mentioning Hisoutensoku somewhere (probably in a WRUP column), which is why I merely alluded to it rather outright name-dropping.

Nonetheless, it was simply a joke meant as good fun. I apologize if you interpreted it as a slight at your column or considered it an inappropriate response. That wasn't my intention. Still, if CO DID add frilly dresses and silly hats, I might be more inclined to try it again.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 12:09AM Patrick Mackey said

@(Unverified) No, I thought your comment was cute. :D

And I really want an Iku hat in CO. I can't even make a Sakuya outfit! /cry

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 12:52PM Blancmanche said

@Patrick Mackey It's a little easier to make Touhou characters in CoH, but not by much. My main there was a blaster based on Reisen, using dual pistols and mental manipulation. The costume was relatively simple, which is why I went with her; all the parts were there, including the bunny ears and tail. For an alt, I had a fairly recognizable Meiling scrapper (martial arts + super reflexes). Also tried to make a Tewi corrupter, but there was no dress big and frilly enough.

Posted: Jan 21st 2012 1:35PM Arcadian said

Wind is a joke.

The crushing/cold damage split renders it useless in PvP, and the best thing going for it is the passive, which helps Elec and Ice characters far more.

Hurricane is decent. The rest is laughable.

No wonder Champions is dying now.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories