Posted: Jan 18th 2012 8:54AM UnknownUser said

I've tried several lately (notably Champions and DCUO) when they've gone F2P. Supers isn't really a preferred genre for me, but I'll try anything if the price is right.

It took me about two years to get around to trying EVE...and another couple before I liked the trial enough to buy into it.

I was in WoW during late beta...but didn't buy in at the beginning. I played EQ2 for around a year and then jumped to WoW.

EQ was probably around for two years or so before I tried it. I forget what I was playing at the time (likely UO or DAoC), but was perfectly happy where I was.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 8:57AM bugse82 said

ultima online. still can't find better mmo.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 9:12AM Deadalon said

Aion simply because there was no trial. I played it for less than an hour when it came out. I understand perfectly why the left the game with no trial cause they had very little chance of getting ppl to buy it after trying. Imo ofc.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 10:39AM OutThere said

@Deadalon

Aion may end up being the record for me. I've no interest in it whatsoever, other than the graphics, it has nothing to offer.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 9:27AM (Unverified) said

4 years, since LOTRO came out in 2007 and I first played it at the end of last year. I think I'd never tried it because I assumed it'd be a tacky movie tie-in, but tried it when Fallen Earth was having a lot of downtime during the F2P transition. LOTRO's now my second favourite MMO, so it is a case of "why did I leave it so long?"

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 10:36AM OutThere said

@(Unverified)

Yuppers. LOTRO is a beautiful game with solid game play.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 9:29AM trenshod said

World of Warcraft, I started selling my life to the game a year or two after its initial release.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 9:30AM trenshod said

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 9:35AM mko said

Original EQ. I tried it last year. Old graphics is okay but I just couldn't get used to the camera and quit

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 9:37AM (Unverified) said

I plan to never try WOW, so when they shut it down, that will be my record.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 9:46AM pcgneurotic said

Runescape, which I tried for the first time last summer.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 9:47AM pcgneurotic said

@pcgneurotic

... and did so because I didn't have to download anything. Browser games ftw!

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 9:47AM Amusednow said

EQ2 when it went F2P confirmed everything of why I skipped it and EQ in general since they were launched. Horrible game glad I never wasted a dime on either.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 9:48AM Amusednow said

@Amusednow Oh yeah and Guild Wars also last time they offered some free look or something a couple months ago. Another horrible game and looks even worse.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 9:53AM Space Cobra said

Actually, while there have been many games I've tried out, still a bunch of games I haven't, particularly with the older crowd.

There are a few I am interested to try out, maybe I can do trials, if they offer them: Most tend to be sub games. Kinda always looking at Dark Age of Camelot. That game came out at a strange time in my life that I was too busy and I just let it slide. Similar games in that situation, too.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 9:53AM Hammerbeard said

I didn't play WoW til right after Cataclysm launched (there was a sale to get all prev releases for like 25$, coulndn't pass that up).
Just tried Lineage2 a couple weeks ago (for about 10mins, it's horrid).
I've never played Ultima Online or any Diablos.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 10:05AM Kalex716 said

star wars. I waited till i heard it was closing before giving it a try.

Whats funny is, I was playing MMO's back when it launched quite ardently. I was wrapped up in EQ, the realm, nexus TK, and lineage 1. I never really got around to playing it. I know that the game had some significant changes made to it so I didn't get to experience the "REAL" star wars, but I was happy I got to see it before it got shut down.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 10:30AM dudes said

A year on average.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 10:33AM smartstep said

3 years after release.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 10:41AM mattaui said

LotRO would be mine, since I didn't just download the client and play it once when it went f2p, but I've got a level 67 character there now, having played it casually since its relaunch.

All the oldest MMOs were the ones I got in on from day one.