Posted: Jan 17th 2012 4:34PM Vandal said

This is actually a pretty cool story idea for CoH IMO. Reminiscent of the death of Superman, I'm surprised they haven't done it earlier. Maybe Jack Emmert regarded Statesmen like Garriot regarded Lord British and never would have permitted such a thing even if it would have been a good story. I hope they do the event in a way that fits CoH.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 5:20PM CitizenH said

@Vandal
"Of course, this is a comic book setting. Nobody stays dead for long. Actually it would be even better if he comes back as a villain lol. "

There are two villainous versions of him running around already.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 4:38PM Warsyde said

Each of the main heroes in the game is an in-game representation of a developer - Statesman was Jack Emmert, and I'm sure he would never have allowed his character to die while he was in control.

But he's not, and I can't help but chuckle a little and think this is a bit of an FU from Paragon to Jack.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 5:01PM superfrick said

Without Statesman around, there isn't anyone to be kidnapped, de-powered, or otherwise rendered impotent by threats to Paragon city.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 6:13PM JonBuck said

In comic settings death is not so much a threshold of no return as it is a revolving door.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 8:49PM stealthrider said

And with him dies Jack Emmert's ego.

Good riddance.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 3:44PM starka1 said

"...why the team decided that now is the right time to kill off the game's biggest hero."

Hi Eliot,

I went through the video twice to find out the reason why now is the time to kill off Statesman but all I walked away with is "hey, it's comics and this is what happens". Color me disappointed since I'm not on the Jack Emmert hater bandwagon. Could you please explain what major explanation I'm missing here?

Posted: Jan 23rd 2012 1:38PM starka1 said