Posted: Jan 17th 2012 10:30AM Unshra said

When they finish the Vampire: The Masquerade part and start adding Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Hunter, Mage, etc then I'll play it. Right now I'm rather sick of vampires and even White Wolf's vampires is not enough to get me interested in them again. :\

Still best of luck to CCP and I hope that the initial release also includes the Sabbat and Anarchs for players as it would bring another dynamic to the Masquerade and allow for more conflict.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 10:31AM Wamimaster said

• 1 heart
Isn't that Kato Kaelin with a hair cut?

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 10:50AM Rodj Blake said

If Eve's Incarna is World of Darkness technology, then your World of Darkness vampire will have a hard time leaving wherever he keeps his coffin.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 11:09AM fallwind said

@Rodj Blake Maybe WoD will have a lockpicking mechanic to open the door?

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 11:52AM Braiks said

@Rodj Blake I'm not sure you quite understand the connection between Incarna and World of Darkness.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 3:09PM Saerain said

@Rodj Blake That is not a technological limitation.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 11:11AM fallwind said

• 1 heart
Speaking of "world of DARKNESS".... hire better lighting techs... Looks like it was recorded in a poorly lit bomb shelter.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 12:22PM Eric Francis said

This is all interesting PR, but theres no specific details of what the game will be like. Yes he talked about PvP interaction and the sandbox, but we already knew that.

What im really interested in knowing, is if they learned from the monoclegate debacle.

There is still room for quality sub based, in-depth MMOs like eve, you just need to not be greedy capitalists about it.

Be content with making decent money, rather than going for alot of money like Blizzard, and losing the company soul in the process.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 3:08PM Saerain said

@Eric Francis The only thing they have to learn from Monaclegate is that they should do what they want and let the overgrown entitled brats in the community have their strokes.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 12:50PM Lycaniz said

SOLD!

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 12:55PM SgtBaker1234556 said

• 1 heart
....vaporware...

CCP has been talking about WoD for ages now. We still know about as much as we did 5 years ago.

Nothing about gameplay nor mechanics. A bit like Incarna really.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 3:05PM Saerain said

@SgtBaker1234556 Its development has proceeded very typically for an MMO, recent staff cuts aside. That we knew about it before it even began development is unfortunate for those with short fuses, but its development will not have taken an unusual amount of time even if it releases in February of 2014.

You normally don't know about an MMO until it's practically complete.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 1:04PM Saker said

I'm happy there's still development. This is the only longer term title I have interest in (well ArcheAge of course deeply interested in). Something with so much potential! My hopes for EQNext have gone down and down. What else is out there on the horizon that has even potential to be different, interesting? I do like everyone want to hear some details please. I have absolutely no stomach for any pr talk thank you.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 3:07PM Saerain said

@Saker I'm in the same camp as you, it seems, except that I'm still interested in EQNext—I haven't seen anything about it that turns me off, yet.

Posted: Jan 18th 2012 5:50AM SkuzBukit said

@Saker

Likewise, this is a future title I'm keeping tabs on, EQnext I still hold out hope of being good though I think both could be overshadowed by whatever comes of Project Copernicus.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 1:24PM (Unverified) said

Well, we can infer a lot. More casual than EVE. Sooo okay with this. The 'end game' is a political PVP struggle. Very very okay with this. The Masquerade will be enforced in human areas, which should lead to the world being somewhat immersive. That'll be nice.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 3:14PM Saerain said

This is nothing new to those who have been circling this game like vultures for scraps of information, but it's cool to see Chris talking about it more openly than CCP has been so far. The last and possibly only other video interview I remember seeing outside of the Grand Masquerade was Gamebreaker's interview with Nathan Richardsson at GDCO 2010.

I foresee alpha gameplay footage at Grand Masquerade 2012 and a long beta beginning in the summer of 2013 for release in early 2014.

Posted: Jan 19th 2012 3:51PM Dhaunae said

@Saerain You have this one too released in late November 2011 for the V20 Europe community: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js7u0N5-hBU.

Posted: Jan 17th 2012 8:47PM Dunraven said

Doubt it will ever see the light of day and if it does it will be F2p .

Posted: Mar 8th 2012 3:41PM Anmaeriel said

Still playing pen and paper and live WoD and having quite the blast.

They will have to be very innovative to recreate and enhance that feeling, in my opinion. =)