Posted: Jan 16th 2012 8:11AM AtomicConnor said

This is why you shouldn't trust a word Kotaku says. They say things like this so that people will visit their site and they will make money. Disgraceful.

Posted: Jan 16th 2012 10:23AM Braiks said

Gotta love these idiotic "industry insiders" that go around and throw BS lol...

Posted: Jan 16th 2012 11:17AM jakofascalon said

Keep on trolling Kotaku.

Posted: Jan 16th 2012 11:50AM Vandal said

Not very promising rumblings. It would suck if they cancelled WAR40K, that's one of the few MMOs I'm interested in following.

Sounds like things are still in flux, I wonder how it will all fall out.

Posted: Jan 16th 2012 11:55AM Deadalon said

Games Workshop have made some horrible deals in the past with game developers. None more so than with Mythic.

Warhammer Universe has been degraded by the poor release of Warhammer Online and the horrible overall game (pve specially) and disission that have been made with that game over the past few years.

I was a great fan on Warhammer universe. But I just can't bother atm. When Games Workshop and licenced developers cant even bother... then why should I?

Posted: Jan 16th 2012 2:01PM Vegetta said

At first i was like NOOOOOOOO

Then I saw the retraction

Man - Still hoping for great things for this game..

Posted: Jan 16th 2012 6:32PM MorbidCuriousity said

That's really because the original company that was handling APB didn't know wtf they were doing. Rather, it appeared to everyone that they did not know what they were doing.

THQ is a massive company that's been around for a long time for this industry. But I will agree that MANY HR departments have their heads up their own asses.

Posted: Jan 16th 2012 3:13PM uberman3000 said

Why is that everything Joe Madureira touches fails. This sucks because he's got skills. That and I was looking forward to playing this too.

Posted: Jan 16th 2012 4:04PM Ripper McGee said

I think it's an interesting coincidence that "Dark Millennium" is in the WAR40K title. Joe Mad worked on the Tradewars: Dark Millennium project that later become Exarch and finally Dungeon Runners:

Name must have been too good to let go!

Posted: Jan 16th 2012 4:11PM Zethe said

If the game was going ahead as scheduled they would have said something along the lines of "Progress on the game continues"

Not "has not made any decisions".

I don't think this has been debunked, more like confirmed.

Posted: Jan 16th 2012 6:36PM MorbidCuriousity said

Whether or not the MMO is cancelled remains to be seen. Vigil has supposedly been working on the title for quite some time. Games Workshop likely won't let all that work just go down the tube. It's a friggen WARHAMMER 40k video game!!! The IP alone will sell boxes like mad simply because there are so few games under it.

Hell, I think Space Marine probably sold the majority of its boxes just because it was freaking Space Marine.

Vigil has an awesome engine under it and they have a really awesome art style for it. I was really surprised that Relic didn't get the title, but maybe they want to focus on one major game at a time.

Posted: Jan 16th 2012 10:03PM real65rcncom said

Not a surprise.

I remember 'debating' with some Rift players about this game.

I was talking about ToR while this one idiot was talking about this game. When I showed him the bottom line of THQ and how they had been selling off assets over the last year and they had dropped seriously down into Enron terriority, the guy didnt want to face facts.

THQ was going hemmoraging large amounts. IF this game is actually finished, it's going to be so woefully equipped that it will immediately go F2P.