Posted: Jan 11th 2012 4:05PM JohnD212 said

I personally don't like this kind of stuff. If you earn it ..sure...but for everyone to run around with wings because they spent $20 seems dumb. As much as I always loved WoW and continue to respect it..I had to stop playing because it became on big dumb playground - big flying this and big balloon that...after a while it just made me feel stupid playing. EQII still feels like a real MMO...this path of selling things like this will just degrade that.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 4:11PM Facial Tentacles said

So what incentive is there now to quest and take down bosses when there is this ever increasing amount of content that is exclusive to the Marketplace?

I don't have a problem with cash shops in general. I have a problem with cash shops that invalidate the reason for even having a game.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 4:12PM edgecrusherO0 said

MILK THEM MILK THEM MILK THEM!!!!

MIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

And yet again, SoE loses a few more points for this stupidity. Both the inclusion of wings (Really? I guess it's not surprising considering some of the other BS they've included) and the price point (20 bucks? seriously? You're not WoW, you can't get away BS like that because you have a massive fanbase of morons) are almost offensive.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 4:40PM (Unverified) said

@edgecrusherO0

" (20 bucks? seriously? You're not WoW, you can't get away BS like that because you have a massive fanbase of morons)"

Not yet, but now that they are F2P, it won't be long until they have a massive fanbase of even bigger morons.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 5:02PM Hipster said

I shouldnt be surprised the way theyve bastardized EQ over the years...

But I am surprised! Theyve basically crapped on their lore with this.

Im even questioning playing EQNext even if its everything that EQNext is speculated to be. SOE, have you no shame?

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 5:22PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

I've played since the servers went live. I have alot to dislike about this, and many other things in the game, but like I said, I might move to VG, even if it means paying for it. This is just another example of SOE turning EQ2 into just another kiddie game for the F2P crowd.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 5:44PM (Unverified) said

Like I've said before..... I currently play EQ2 and have a lot of fun doing it.... All of this for free...

Let the trolls do their thing....

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 6:42PM Yarr said

@Jef Reahard - "...on par with those in Aion..."

Dude, you seriously have never even seen Aion have you? Below are a few vids from Aion 1.5, 1.9, 2.5, and 3.0 showing just a few of the wing sets a quick search on YouTube brings up. EQ2 wings are almost embarrassingly bad in comparison. Please at least check out these videos before making comments like that again:

(Aion 3.0 new wings - I don't really care for most of these)

(Aion 2.5 Marchutan's Brethren Wings - nice!)

(Aion 1.9 Elyos wings)

and more in next post thanks to URL limit :(

Posted: Jan 12th 2012 9:55AM Jef Reahard said

@Yarr

Nope, I've never seen Aion. Don't have multiple 50s and didn't cover it exclusively for Massively for six months.

Posted: Jan 12th 2012 3:29PM Yarr said

@Jef Reahard - so you honestly think the EQ2 wings are "on par" with those in Aion? Wow. I'm not hiring you for any art direction or animation work. ;P

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 6:43PM Yarr said

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 7:56PM TortoiseCan said

Well, I suppose this is something people would want, really doesn't surprise me that they're just flat out charging 20 bucks for them. I'd say this caters 1% of their playerbase, while alienating every other player.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 8:23PM Miffy said

LMAO The Dumbest shit I've seen since Zombies in SWG!

Well done SOE, you reminded me why I will not look forward to Planetside 2.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 10:43PM Zyco said

Dont get why people are so up at arms.. dont buy them if you dont want them - its completely optional. With double/triple cash days and sales.. you dont even ever have to pay their full price for things if you really want to buy things from the shop.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 11:00PM (Unverified) said

@Zyco

Exactly. I have no plans on buying them but if somebody does, then it means there is a market for them. I actually have debated buying a flyer in the market though and I'm going to do exactly what you mention. Wait for a triple station cash day and buy away.

Posted: Jan 12th 2012 5:18AM (Unverified) said

so how the F do they write this into the lore?