Posted: Jan 11th 2012 3:10PM smartstep said

Squeezing last possible dollars out of EQ2 via cash shop before game die / EQNext come ?

Well that's what's freemium used atm. To prolong life of ex-P2P games with medium sized inital investment and then low on-going investments.

In most cases must be preety profitable.

Still when I see this video my reaction is hahahahaha

/facepalm

I am sure there will be quite a bit of suckers that want to part with their 20 $.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 3:19PM Maseno said

@smartstep

This is a purely cosmetic item. there are other flying mounts out there that you can acquire through the game and have the same stats. You had better get used to the F2P/Freemium model because that is what 90% of mmo's will be going to/releasing as. Especially after SWTOR fails to retain subs after 6-12 months.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 4:14PM edgecrusherO0 said

@Maseno

Doubtful.

People said Rift would go freemium/f2p after 6 months, didn't happen. Still waiting on the 12m mark, but I doubt it will even happen then.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 4:51PM smartstep said

@Maseno

Oh I really don't have to get used to it. If I don't find interesting mmorpg with p2p model (still not decided on b2p) then I will simply not play any mmorpg ,like currently.

Currently I am mmorpg homeless. My P2P mmorpg turned freemium and me after playing it as ViP subsciber in freemium model I got sick of this model and left.

Other current games I either played , they are freemium / f2p or I am totally not interested in them (Swtor ).

So I am simply not playing.

If I don't find good p2p long-term (or maybe just maybe b2p) mmorpg for myself in like 1-2 years ,then I will propably even stop following news about mmorpg's in my spare time.

Remember it is mine and I presume other players leisure time ,not work or other obligations , I don't HAVE to do anything :)

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 6:31PM alucard3000 said

@smartstep and in the same vein but opposite road as your post I will never again pay a continual fee to enter some developers game but I will pay for stuff that interests me in the cash shop of a game that interests me at the time.I had no problem dropping some money on LOTRO after it went f2p but never would have gone back to subbing to it before it did.So to each his own.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 7:38PM Saker said

@smartstep Well said! I likewise hope they make waaaaay better with EQNext! Please no more the WoW-ification of EQ2! Please no more tacky giant-waepons, ridiculous armor covered in spikes and grinning skulls all spouting weird colored flames and all a-glow. This was a nice game before the WoW-ification had crept in too much, back pre "TSO". Too long-in-the-tooth, too many expansions going in different directions. But this is what you so strongly tend to get with level/class based games over time. Gotta keep pumping out something for the remaining community to do.

Posted: Jan 12th 2012 12:24AM ed511df3 said

@Saker Considering WoW is the giant of the industry, hoping that they make a game completely unWoWified is pretty silly, especially since it's SOE.

I just hope they take the good aspects of WoW while keeping the better parts of both EQ and EQ2.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 3:11PM (Unverified) said

That is the dumbest shite I've ever seen. EQ2 continues the rapid descent into the land of lame. Ain't F2P great. Time to start playing Vanguard I guess.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 10:59PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Really, this bothers you enough that you would actually play Vanguard? I'm amazed that game still exists at all honestly.

Posted: Jan 12th 2012 8:22AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Vanguard has content superior to 90% of the games out, it just still runs a little rough on my old clunker machine.

And this is just another in many many things happening to EQ2 that combined form a huge pile of steamy poop, which detracts greatly from my enjoyment of the game.

Posted: Jan 12th 2012 1:17PM Slayer said

@(Unverified) Vanguard was awesome. It was basically what EQ2 should of been. But when was the last time they added new content?

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 3:11PM Saerain said

Well, it's happened. There's a fantasy setting with less internal consistency than the Forgotten Realms.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 3:15PM Omegamaniac said

Unbelievable. So a Troll or Ogre with wings and how did that happen? Cash shop but I'm roleplaying a mutant.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 3:21PM Maseno said

@Omegamaniac

Trolls and Ogres shooting fireballs out of their asses.... How did this happen?????!?!?!?!?!

Oh wait, it is a high fantasy game where basically anything is possible.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 3:27PM Yellowdancer said

I saw the wings on sale months ago. I think the story now is they actually let you fly with the wings. And you can get the wings in game from a quest so its not a cash grab. Or make an arasai and you get wings automatically.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 4:08PM pcgneurotic said

@Yellowdancer

I'd love to just pin this comment to the top there, deflect any further trolling. But as always, Common Sense and Truth are late to the party. :D

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 3:38PM Joaquin Crowe said

I don't think this is a good answer to the infamous sparklepony.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 4:11PM (Unverified) said

@Joaquin Crowe this isn't a response to sparklepony

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 4:03PM (Unverified) said

Needless to say giving everyone wings makes no goddamn sense this is just another grab to appeal to fantasy fetishists right up there with paying to be a vampire. The only logical next step would be the addition of fur-suits so everyone can be a furry vampire with wings.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 7:43PM Saker said

@(Unverified) I disagree! The next step is to give the vampires cash-shop "sparkles"!!! Huh!?, Huh?! come on now! It's a great idea!!! It'll make a bazillion dollars for $oE (I need to email this idea to Smedley a.s.a.p!!!)