Posted: Jan 11th 2012 10:05AM Greenimp said

I haven't played this game since beta. Has it improved significantly since?

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 10:46AM InkSix said

So many fond memories with the AoE franchise. I often think I should just go back to my PC full time and play something like this. I think I remember glancing at the store for it tho, and the civilizations add up to quite a lot of money.....

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 10:47AM toothball said

Just signed in last night because of this skirmish mode.

It's OK. Getting better, but still not nearly as good as it could have been.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 11:46AM smartstep said

This is still running?

Though it failed so hard that they took plug off.

Anyway - bad game ,shame on really nice AoE franchise.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 11:57AM edgecrusherO0 said

I thought this failed so hard they canned it...huh.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 12:15PM Warsyde said

It's not bad. It's no Age of Empires 2, but it's no Age of Empires 3 either (loved 2, hated 3).

The whole "level up your civilization" thing is kind of stupid and annoying, so the skirmish mode is exactly what they needed. A friend and I wanted to play together against the AI, and discovered the lack of a skirmish mode right away. All we could do was team up on "quests" which was pretty limited and annoying.

Hopefully the skirmish mode will bring back some of the epic gameplay from AoE 2.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 12:17PM koolaroo said

Hmmm let me guess it costs money. The reason I never really go into the game was no pvp for free players. Also the "progession" system. All it does is make you play for hours just to get priests. I love the old games but not this one.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 1:29PM fasdf said

It's too bad you have to install GFWL, cant stand that service

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 1:34PM jimr9999us said

I actually like this game and will play it again with the skirmish feature. This is something they needed since day 1.

I'm too old to do much pvp rts anymore (which this game is actually great at) but I do love some old school AoE action time and again which this game delivers for $20.

F2P? No. Cheap to play? Yeah, pretty much.

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 2:27PM cursedlegend said

age of empires 2 still installed on my pc, cant see a reason to play this

Posted: Jan 11th 2012 3:19PM axler said

horrible game. Loved it at first but they just keep on bugging you for more money...