Posted: Jan 9th 2012 3:46PM DimmerMeerkat said

Great article. As an Israphel Asmodian roleplayer, I very much appreciate the little shout out you gave to RP folks. It's true--when the game gets repetitive and dry drag, there's always some dynamic player-created "content" to enjoy.

Posted: Jan 9th 2012 3:49PM (Unverified) said

These are great tips in general for gaming. I'll have to keep these in mind when I get the gaming doldrums. Restrictions and rules are great and inventive ways to mix things up. A bunch of those you mentioned I've never given much thought to.

My standard way to mix things up has been alts and after relying on it so heavily that it's become my preferred playstyle, actually sticking to one character became that "something different".

Posted: Jan 10th 2012 5:55AM valestorm said

hmmm...let's see... i don't remember everything but i'll try to slip a few things
...what i used to to when being into the same game for about 3.5k hours:
1.made a rule ...the first week of a month i tried to make at least 1 new friend.and not just ad a random person in friends list but to realy get to know him/her...damn, how hard that thing used to be lol help with bosses, help newbies with instances, craft gear for a friend of a friend..but very rewarding:)
2.with my cleric i tried not to let anyone die in instances...but if they died and i had a chance to save them...i "grounded"my cleric by not playing with her for a week:)
3.everytime i obtained something new&important...new good gear..new lvl...new friend...new faction ....new pet..mount..etc ...you name it...i called my best friends for a group photo....sometimes that used to happen 2-3 times/day but, weird...nobody got mad...if 2 days passed and i haven't called them..they were worried lol(UNLIKE nowadays)
4.NEVER..never use teleport...only mount/by foot..i tried new routes...discovered special things...knew the game's huge world better that most other people
5.when i heared that a random person organises a roleplaying meeting i was always there...like the uninvited guest lol..but you can't even imagine how many awesome friends i made like that:)
and many more that i don't remeber now because it was toooo long ago :(

Posted: Jan 10th 2012 7:54AM Lorell said

Yeah, I know what you are talking about, coz I have same atm in Aion. I mean I'm not bored with a game (coz I can't wait to play 3.0), but... yeah... it become "everyday" and "feel of new" had disappear... I as you described, log in to do my arenas, EC, help legion mates / do siege and log off. Repeat next day... I STILL have my goals in game, but I'm slowly day by day work to finish them.

I considered many of the options you wrote about (making alt, changing fraction, focusing on different goal - pvp or pve ect.), but my solution was to try another mmo (F2P) just to try smtg different (Aion is fantasy mmo, and this another game is SF) and now I'm sharing my evening between these two games. Tho I don't plan to leave Aion, 3.0 is just too close :P

One Shots: Grim Raider