Posted: Jan 10th 2012 4:56AM Snichy said

I just hope the world is open and persistent and there are NO instances. Sure, it will be crowded at first but that's what makes an MMO feel like an MMO - the feeling of everyone being in the same world scrambling for dominance!

Posted: Jan 10th 2012 5:31AM smartstep said

@Snichy

afaik open world is persistant seamlness and open world is not 'duplicated' in any way like Swtor was.

Only instances afaik are during sieges (I think only because to avoid sieges at 3 am in middle of the week, by instancing I think attackers & defenders will have to agree on hour - no idea at details though) and at optional BG's (optional cause rewards will be fluff, and best rewards with teriorial control are outside of BG)

Propably will be some isntanced dungeons? No idea.

Think I heard some open non-instanced dungeons will be as well.

So practically it is very open world.

Afaik you can for example go from one continent to other continent without any loading screen (on a ship for example).

I just hope their server coding is good enough to hold this amount of people so servers don't crash :)

Posted: Jan 10th 2012 7:05AM Braiks said

smartstep is right on this one. The world is fully persistent, there are no loading screens between any zones in the game, there is even a video on steparu where a guy is sailing from one continent to the other with no loading screens at all.

Posted: Jan 10th 2012 7:09AM Braiks said

@Braiks By fully persistent of course I excluded and possible instances/dungeons but the transition in the world is seamless. Got them quite mixed up a bit. I don't know if they have instanced dungeons however.

Posted: Jan 10th 2012 9:16AM Kitanishi said

@Snichy There are some instances like bgs or minidungeons, but otherwise everything is completely seamless and persistent. NO zoning, no instancing.

Posted: Jan 10th 2012 8:16AM (Unverified) said

This is one I am really looking forward to. I just wish it was a little closer to a NA release. My fear is it never makes it over here.

Posted: Jan 10th 2012 8:31AM Grumms said

@(Unverified) That's my fear as well. I'm hoping one day I get on Massively and see that it's much closer to a NA release than expected or something.

This game feels damn near perfect for a gamer like me.

Posted: Jan 10th 2012 8:30AM Grumms said

I need this game.

Posted: Jan 10th 2012 10:40PM Stilllove said

I am very interested in seeing how this game turns out. The only thing I wish is that it had action combat and not a typical tab-target system because I feel that's where the future of MMOs lies.