Posted: Jan 7th 2012 12:06PM (Unverified) said

My highest is only 43 (I have dipped in and out of the game since... well, Alpha actually), but my list this year is eerily close. We will see if TSW is the latest game to draw me away only to see me come back months later.
Yes, LotRO is my consistent "I keep coming back" game, albeit one that does not leave me with black eyes from "walking into doors".

Posted: Jan 7th 2012 1:14PM DarkWalker said

Get my (9) characters to, at least, level 50. Gonna take an absurd amount of time, though.

I'm also not quite sure I will complete it because, believe it or not, the deeds associated with the festival consumables have greatly reduced my will to play; if I'm logged but not farming those, I end feeling regret because I ultimately want to get every soloable deed on every character, but getting those deeds is such a bland and soul consuming grind I end up not logging into LotRO at all.

Makes me envious of GW2. Seems like ANet will make every grindy achievement in that game account-wide.

Posted: Jan 7th 2012 1:30PM Lenn said

My Tookish resolution regarding LotRO is to finally do the Fellowship walk. I will take a character and *walk* him/her from Bag End to Rivendell, and maybe even beyond (Eregion->Moria->Lothlorien, which is where it ends, since the path after that is not yet in the game), taking the exact route the ever-growing fellowship took in the book.

I know others have done the Shire to Rivendell walk, but it's always something I've wanted to do. It'll be a Tolkieny year anyway, what with first Hobbit movie in December and seeing The Two Towers in June with an orchestra and a couple of choirs playing the score live along with it.

Seems like a good year to finally undertake that adventure.

Posted: Jan 7th 2012 1:42PM Elinnea said

I recently started re-reading the books: I finished The Hobbit and am partway through Fellowship of the Ring. It's the first time I've read them since I started playing LotRO, and I've been amazed at how my perspective on a lot of things has changed, especially with locations. I've been savoring the descriptions, just reading a few pages each night, comparing the images I have now from the game, and from the movies, and from my own imaginings when I read the books before. It's also been spawning all kinds of character ideas in my head, which is not helping my altoholism.

I'm certainly not one to rush through content, but I do encourage you to keep on with the epic quests. I just finished the new book this past week, and it was absolutely heart-wrenching. Game mechanics are good and all, but there's nothing like a good story to make me actually care.

I don't have any particular resolution, although I am trying to learn ABC notation and it would be swell if I could make my own musical arrangement of something and perform it. It's an informal goal of mine.

Posted: Jan 7th 2012 2:04PM Greymantle said

One of these years I might make it to Moria. :P I guess that is my resolution this year to get a high enough character to reach Moria. Like someone else said this is my fall back game when all else fails. I have been around since pre alpha and have yet to stick with the game longer then a month or two on each trip back. :(

If they did a revamp on housing to make it more like SWG on the placement of your items that would go a long way for my wife and I. I might then be able to keep my resolution. :)

Posted: Jan 7th 2012 3:34PM OutThere said

My Tookish resolution: Finish Vol. I and II on all 9 of my characters. Two are done, so that's 7 to go. Of course, being level 75 helps this . . . a lot.

Posted: Jan 7th 2012 3:57PM (Unverified) said

Mine would be to get a character to somewhere deep in game.. only ever made it to 15.. That and i'm waiting to hear back from Turbine.. someone hacked my account =(

Posted: Jan 7th 2012 4:58PM shirtntie said

What a nice read, thank you.

But i have to say that the dungeon finder for me does not seem to work as i had hope. I am a level 56 guardian and yesterday i spent well over an hour on the dungeon queue while i was questing and it never came up.

I am one of the most extreme solo players so for me it was not some big disappointment but i was curious why it took so long for tanks to get into a group.

Posted: Jan 9th 2012 12:08PM Softserve said

@shirtntie I guess there could be a lot of factors -- many people still rely on the GLFF channel instead, flucutation in players depending on the time of day, etc.

I think the system is better than nothing, but unfortunately we can't rely on it. I'm personally hoping the next version of it (which supposedly would let us pick the specific instance) gets more attention from players. I'd not mind if it was cross-server either.

Posted: Jan 8th 2012 12:38AM (Unverified) said

RoI was a big disappointment for me really, i couldn't go back without many many gameplay upgrades.

Posted: Jan 8th 2012 4:15AM Daeths said

I just got a new copy of The Hobbit for Christmas to go with my tome of The Lord of the Rings (one large well bound book) so ill be keeping that resolution my self

Make My MMO: December 21 - 27, 2014