Posted: Jan 5th 2012 12:10PM BigAndShiny said

I like it. The game gives you 'classes' but you can also go away and do something different. At the end of the day, if there's a clothing vanity store, i don't mind. It didn't bother me in Champions either tbh. (before it went free to play, of course.)

Posted: Jan 5th 2012 12:43PM (Unverified) said

While I'm excited about this game, they're tying the beta process pretty heavily to Facebook (which I don't use). While you can sign up for the beta without using Facebook, they've come right out and said you have a better chance of getting in if you're using the Facebook version of the beta signup.
Given that, I'll wait for the retail version of the game.

Posted: Jan 5th 2012 12:53PM fallwind said

@(Unverified) "they've come right out and said you have a better chance of getting in if you're using the Facebook version of the beta signup."

where?

Posted: Jan 5th 2012 12:59PM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

Yep, it seems the same with me.

I never got into AoC beta, so that's out.

Guess they'll just have to miss out on my sparkling wit and charm as I bring up any questions and issues in an open, and honest way and get involved in the bug-testing and game mechanics.

Woe is them. ;p

Posted: Jan 5th 2012 1:51PM (Unverified) said

@fallwind

In the FAQ. They talk about participating in the "second phase" of the beta (which uses Facebook Connect):

Q: Is there any other way to register that does not require Facebook Connect?

A: The second phase of the experience will rely heavily on social networking functionality such as the ability to recruit friends and turn them into agents. But if you only want to signup for the beta without taking part in the second phase of the Secret War, you can go to https://register.funcom.com/tsw_beta/ where Facebook is not required.

Q: Does participating in the second phase of ‘The Secret War’ experience increase my chances of getting into the beta?

A: Yes. Those who reach the highest rank in experience automatically receive guaranteed beta access, and as such you have a higher chance of getting into the beta if you choose to participate in the experience. To us that is also a great way of getting the best testers into the beta experience, as anyone who reaches the highest rank is sure to be more than averagely interested in the game.

Posted: Jan 5th 2012 2:17PM Kitanishi said

@(Unverified)

And?

We all knew for a long time that the beta will have multiple levels.

First the ones who actively solve the puzzle will get in. Then the ones with tokens. Then facebook game winners. THen the rest of testers :)

Posted: Jan 5th 2012 6:18PM dudes said

I wish the release date wasn't so secret.

Posted: Jan 6th 2012 4:59AM (Unverified) said

What this game needs in my opinion is an overhaul of the animations...
Different animations should be included in every new MMO they got no excuse.SWTOR did a first step by having every skill doing a different animation..If secret world could somehow make its casters or gun carriers/brawlers etc have 3-10 different poses which would not affect your gameplay in any way(Just eyecandy) it would be awesome,because so far i love the concept and the world but i despise the animations in gameplay vids.

Posted: Jan 6th 2012 7:59AM Yellowdancer said

I'm not interested in paying them $15 a month for any of their games.

Interesting theme. Game mechanics are not my style.

Facebook integration...well, I log onto facebook twice a year to accept friend requests. So that is not a draw for me.