Posted: Jan 4th 2012 4:49PM geololj said

Can't get enough of this game! I am looking forward to next updates and ofcourse for the Android app :D

Posted: Jan 4th 2012 5:04PM Joaquin Crowe said

TRION works hard for your cash, that's for sure (other sub game devs take note!). I'm not into RIFT, but Defiance looks interesting.

Posted: Jan 4th 2012 6:01PM jimr9999us said

I tried SW:TOR but I'm back to Rift. The game is simply fun.

Posted: Jan 5th 2012 3:25PM (Unverified) said

@jimr9999us

Ditto.

I find SwToR fun to watch.

I find Rift fun to play.

Posted: Jan 4th 2012 6:27PM (Unverified) said

"I tried SW:TOR but I'm back to Rift. The game is simply fun"

This, i'm really thinking of quitting swtor when my sub is due and heading back to RIFT. With Rift you can really tell your sub money is going to good use.

Posted: Jan 4th 2012 7:31PM eddiestrike said

I used to play RIFT and the amount of love and care the game gets from Trion is mind blowing.

Trion are the only studio that have deserved the 10$ / month.

Do many people still play or is it a ghost-town?

Posted: Jan 4th 2012 8:18PM AshenDream said

@eddiestrike -- I think it depends on your server. I can testify that Faeblight still has a very high population.

Posted: Jan 4th 2012 8:32PM Sorithal said

@eddiestrike

Seconded on the Faeblight population... xD

It seems like there are several servers on RIFT that are fairly good with population, while others aren't doing so well.

As of right now the populations for the US servers average to about 1/2 being Medium populated, with Wolfsbane being High and the rest being Low. That's for measuring how many players are online currently though, and right now is about peak time. So probably check out the shard status page during times you'd play + check the forums to see what server would be good to play on.

And of course if one server doesn't work, you can do FREE weekly server transfers :D

Posted: Jan 4th 2012 8:35PM (Unverified) said

@eddiestrike
Deepwood also has a high population ... really fun!

Posted: Jan 5th 2012 8:46AM Gaugamela said

@eddiestrike When you wrote "I used to play Rift ..." my mind immediately thought "but then I took an arrow to the knee".

Posted: Jan 4th 2012 8:29PM Sorithal said

If Trion keeps up with its schedule of about 1 update per 1.5 months, I'd imagine 1.7 will be out by the end of January at the latest. Because it sounds like 1.8 is planned for the anniversary of the game.

That's assuming of course that they can keep up with their trend of updates every 1-2 months. Hoping they'll be able to do so, because that's one part about Trion Worlds that's just plain awesome.

Posted: Jan 4th 2012 8:50PM (Unverified) said

Rift is probably one of the best MMOs out there.

It really does deserve to succeed.

Posted: Jan 4th 2012 9:37PM hami83 said

@(Unverified) I agree.

I bought Old Republic, just cause I wanted to try it, but I miss SO many things that are in Rift. It's hard to justify going to any other MMO out right now over Rift.

And the new app doesn't help either. There is NO MMO with an app like the Rift one. WoW is close but that stupidly costs extra to use.

Posted: Jan 4th 2012 10:09PM Joshua Przygocki said

Can't wait to come back once it finally installs. (I quit because I hate being a dps and stupidly fell for the pretty magicks). Can't wait to get mah healin' shoes back on.

Posted: Jan 5th 2012 1:39AM Quarlo said

Rift did their homework and took all the lessons that other MMOs learned and integrated them into the game giving subsribers a polished game experience.

By contrast it seems that Bioware ignored all these innovations and put out a very sloppy product.

Rift is one of the few games that EARNS the money that I give them.

Posted: Jan 5th 2012 6:45AM Gaugamela said

Wow, a Rift story without all the negative bashing?
The trolls must all be playing SW:TOR. :P

Posted: Jan 8th 2012 9:36PM artifex said

I hope they release a "collector's" version of 1.8, if not also 1.7.
I'm a mount and pet junkie (collector's loot), and of course another huge bag would be useful as well :)

Perfect Ten: Strategies for juggling multiple MMOs