Posted: Jan 2nd 2012 5:11PM Johnnynumber5 is powered by cell said

We have an older Mac that couldn't run the game anyway but we do plan on getting a new iMac sometime in 2012 and it'd be nice to carry my SWTOR gaming over to the new device without having to make a partition specifically to play one game ... even if it meant buying the game again.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2012 5:14PM Dooliss said

In defense of Macs, they're better at almost everything then PCs. Except gaming. Doesn't mean we can't (or, judging on some things I read here, shouldn't) play games.

Posted: Jan 2nd 2012 8:02PM lazerbyte said

I'm playing on my mac mini with the Intel HD 3000 graphics card and it works just fine with bootcamp!

To have a native mac client would be great as Blizzard saw this and all the games now have a mac version!!

Posted: Jan 2nd 2012 9:18PM Arctic Frog said

I would not mind not having to reboot into Windows to play SWTOR.
An OSX compatible client would be much appreciated!

Posted: Jan 2nd 2012 10:52PM claytondora said

• Half a heart
Like the article says, you can play it now. Install Windows on your iPoop. Honestly though, as a computer gamer, you shouldn't expect games to be on Mac, as they are rarely ported over, and only when they prove to be extremely popular.

Posted: Jan 3rd 2012 1:32AM ZildjianKX said

I'm surprised they didn't just release it for Mac with a cider wrapper.

Posted: Jan 3rd 2012 9:29AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
People still have macs? I mean, I see a few airbooks out and about, but I havent seen a desktop mac since 1998.

Posted: Jan 5th 2012 2:04AM Addfwyn said

@(Unverified) Uh...why would you see a desktop mac out and about? People don't exactly carry them around. It's my main computer personally, bootcamp if I need it (but 90% of games I want to play are on OSX as well so I rarely do).

Posted: Jan 3rd 2012 9:57AM Gasaraki said

• Half a heart
They should focus on fixing bugs and polish instead of spending time on a Mac client. People on Macs can use bootcamp if they want to play. Graphic drivers are better on the Windows operating system anyway so people will get better performance.

Posted: Jan 3rd 2012 12:08PM Vandal said

I don't use a Mac myself but I have friends who do. I know they'd like to see a Mac version of SWTOR.

Posted: Jan 3rd 2012 6:48PM dogmaticatheist said

• 1 heart
You can already play TOR on the Mac. It's called World of Warcraft.

Posted: Jan 3rd 2012 7:58PM (Unverified) said

I play on a mac right now, through boot camp, it runs great. I would like a mac version instead so I didn't need to use boot camp but it can wait. And to all you mac haters out there I don't see the need to gripe at people that want to own and use something different then you. You don't want to use a mac, thats fine, but let us that want to, use them without being hated at for it. And i have priced out a PC with the same specs as my iMac and it was not cheaper (don't forget the nice monitor in your "cheaper" pricing).

Posted: Jan 6th 2012 11:36AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
You wouldnt. But I dont see them at homes either. So I only see macbooks, like when Im at the coffee shop, the art store, the unemployment line, or at&t.

Posted: Jan 7th 2012 1:04PM (Unverified) said

Mac Version of KOTOR on Steam please

Posted: Mar 6th 2012 5:20PM emozolik said

you PC wieners make me laugh. I love my iMac. It's just better for me personally, end of story. I used to build my own PCs, but would much rather spend the extra $$ on a much better performing and better designed machine And in that you fail to see is that its about personal preference. Mine doesnt have to be yours. Quit trying to justify your own reasoning for owning a PC. Good for you. But each year more and more people prefer an OS operating device, be it a mac, iphone, ipod, or ipad. So naturally the market adjusts and companies like Bioware adjust to market conditions and lo and behold... we might see a direct port to OSX. Maybe I shouldnt laugh. Maybe I should pity your narrow mindedness.

Make My MMO: August 24 - August 30, 2014

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 6:00PM

PAX Prime 2014: ArcheAge is a go for launch!

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 5:00PM