Posted: Dec 30th 2011 8:09AM (Unverified) said

I started 2011 intent on splitting time between friends in WoW and my significant other in LotRO. That didn't really to according to plan, as I burnt out completely on WoW finally after 5 years of playing it, and haven't logged back in since January. Turbine/WB also pushed me to the limit with their F2P/cash grab nonsense, so instead I migrated over to Rift.

2012 resolution? Asura Mesmer. As soon as humanly possible. C'mon ArenaNet, don't let a girl down!

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 1:23PM Ordegar said

@(Unverified)

Indeed. ArenaNet is doing so many things right in Guild Wars 2 it's the only game that makes any sense to me. Well, Star Wars: The Old Republic is very fun so I'll be playing that until GW2 and maybe even after since GW2 has no sub.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 8:21AM belgeode said

play moar mmo.

Actually I have no resolutions.. a couple hopes though. I hope to get into open beta for guild wars 2... I hope it comes out really soon.

Till then I got SWTOR monopolizing my time.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 8:22AM Mikkhail said

I am still playing WoW ... but mostly out of habit at this point (and because I have not found another game that could really "grab me" yet) ... you know what they say, "you stay in hell because you know the names of the streets" ... My resolution ... find a game that will finally replace the millstone around my neck that is WoW.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 11:03AM Hexedian said

@Mikkhail You know, the best way to quit WoW would probably to start by quitting WoW. You're probably missing a lot of opportunities because you're not looking for them as actively.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 8:35AM (Unverified) said

This year I would like to pick a game and stick to it. I get bored easily and I bounce MMO to MMO and always end up back at WoW or EQ2. I would be a much more informed and better player if I stuck to one.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 8:43AM smartstep said

I've already cut my playing mmo time as not playing any mmo atm. Two reasons: almost all mmos atm now are cookie cutter themepark instace - LFG queuing based mmoprg's - and I am tired of those.
Second reason : freemium / microtransactions spread - ex-f2p player here. I cannot stand it anymore.

Waiting for two mmorpg's only atm :
- GW 2 - If I play it or not is very dependant on their item shop. If it will be VERY minimalistic like in GW1 then I'll play. If they will make it more expansive / bigger / etc - I'll not play or stop playing when they do.

- ArcheAge - hopefully it'll get relased in EU and / or NA and as p2p. (f2p would ruin it's sandboxy feel imo).

Until then I don't plan to play any mmorpg.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 8:47AM Portal8229 said

EVE Online and GW2. That's my plan for 2012.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 8:49AM Feathersword said

I'm going to try to give up some TV and focus more on my gaming :)

The plan is to do a minimum of one mission a day in EVE for 2012 and eventually take over the universe.

I also need to focus one some Steam games.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 8:51AM (Unverified) said

Havent played wow in almost 3 years, have been looking for a replacement since, tried em all...hopefully in 2012 there will be something...

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 9:03AM Gamingstjean said

Ok so I kept my resolution for the year which was to not pay for any new mmos or get back into any old ones that I used to play.

My new years resolutions for 2012 are to wait diligently for GW2 and not give into the peer pressure of playing SWTOR.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 9:05AM (Unverified) said

SWTOR SWTOR SWTOR SWTOR

And maybe pick up Mysts of Pandaria for comedic relief.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 9:09AM Wispur said

Hey!
I just completed my Resolution from last year, last night, and finally got my Sandstone Drake shapeshift in WoW with 2 days to spare. Now I have to start thinking of another one for next year?!

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 9:17AM (Unverified) said

My goal this year was to play less MMOs and do more filmmaking - epic fail, I played even more MMOs with the release of Rift and Cata.

Anyway, this year my resolution is to get all 8 class to lvl 50 in SWTOR so I can experience all the story lines.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 9:42AM Matix said

2011 Resolution: Be more responsive to my side's world-PVP help requests.

Status: KEPT

......but I wish I hadn't... all I ended up accomplishing by Rambo-ing was (a) encourage people to level in unsafe areas since some paladin would save them, and (b) encourage enemy attacks on low-bees to get me to show up.

To my credit, I won more fights than I lost and I was ALWAYS outnumbered or out geared by lamers that used top arena gear to compensate for their lack of a spine.

2012 New Years Resolution: get over my solitary ways and form a world-PVP crew to fight the badguys.

STATUS: Odds of keeping this one are nill. But I HAVE to get over this one-man-army nonsense. I've determined that the only way to stop griefing is to 100% annihilate the gankers and then quickly withdraw to deny them kills--and thus the association of ganking with fun.

But I just don't gel well working in a unit since I went from raiding to PVP. However, I was under a good PVP guild leader and he PROVED that a cell-based PVP response to griefing works. I just need to be able to make it work like when I set up raids, rather than get accidentally roped in.

See you all in next years post to let you know if I succeed.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 10:01AM Azules said

I'm seriously thinking about quitting mmo's all together.

I dunno, I feel so jaded nowadays. No game really has everything I need. an engaging world and story, stimulating gameplay, a nice visual style, and a good community. Everything I try is missing one of the above.

SWTOR doesn't appeal to me at all, and it looks like all I'll see for a long time if I stick with mmos.

I'm also sick to the back teeth with Fantasy. Screw Orcs, Screw Elves, Screw castles and stupid little wooden houses.

I think I'm gonna pull out some of my old games consoles or something, Then I can enjoy gaming without having to constantly measure my fun levels against a subscription cost, or spend little niggling amounts all the time on sparkle ponies and other f2p tosh.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 10:09AM alzeer said

FFxiv v2.0

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 11:02AM Deliverator said

I'm gonna try to be nicer and less bi-polar on the forums :)

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 11:19AM Lateris said

For 2012

I am going to stop trolling.

I am going to stop arguing all together and learn how to debate properly.

I am going to design the sci fi game of my dreams and then use the UT III UDK tools to create a demo, aka infinity engine!

Be a better guild leader

Write some new songs and release it on 7" vinyl.
Blog more, but I will type it all on a type writer and then scan the paper as an image.

Lets see I stopped being an elitists for 2011 so I am going to be nicer to people.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 11:26AM Tom in VA said

(1) Try to get at least one of my WoW toons to level 85 (I've had Cataclysm since it was released, but my highest level toon is languishing in Northrend somewhere).

(2) Play all 8 classes in SWTOR to max level (hehe).

(3) Play GW2 and/or Neverwinter the moment they are released. (I'm a little iffy about Neverwinter, tbh, and may have to revise that resolution.)

(4) Play DA3 and/or Kingdoms of Amalur. Yeah, yeah, I know. Not MMOs, but still.

(5) Keep a close eye on Wildstar, which ... interests me.

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM