Posted: Dec 29th 2011 11:11AM Seare said

I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 11:44AM (Unverified) said

ehh landing sounds sort of Tacked on the way they worded it. Taking off would be much more exciting seeing everyone take to the skies.

Landing will be extremely difficult with griefers running you off the run way. Not sure if its really worth including.

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 12:09PM Saker said

@(Unverified) I'm sure there'll be a optional (for cash!) way to avoid the fuss of landings!

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 12:55PM Vandal said

@Saker I think you hit it right on the head. Pay $$ to avoid the tedious process of landing or incur repair costs.

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 6:12PM Skyydragonn said

@Vandal
I think everyone missed the bit where they mentioned you can CHOOSE to attempt a landing.

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 10:09PM Joshua Przygocki said

@(Unverified) Take off would be awesome. Maybe players could be queue'd for take off based on their ranking or stats.

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 12:02PM Oskari said

Reminds me of the hours I spent dogfighting my friends on Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 1:17AM AirEgo said

There is a game that I played for several years called "Aces High" that I quite enjoyed. It kind of modeled after AirWarrior and other games in it's genre. I'm not sure that you could call it an MMO, but it did have a monthly pricetag.

The premise behind it was that you were part of one of three different factions: knights, rooks, or bishops. You had access to many WWII aircraft and ground based vehicles. A map would load that had each of the factions controlling 1/3 of the area. Each team fought it out to control the most amount of the map until one team was eliminated, in which case a new map would load.

This was more of a simulator than what World of Warplanes would be, but that was one of the nice things about it. It had depth and replayablity. Sadly, the graphics did not age well.