Posted: Dec 29th 2011 9:11PM TacoBrain said

I recently read Champions Universe 6th Edition,I think,most recent anyways.Very good read.From what I got dimensions/universe are divided into four "planes" of existence:
Assiah,normal universes like Champions Earth
Yetzirah,home of maybe limitess mystical forces
Briah,dimensions of Imagination and embodiments of concepts like Order or Chaos
Atziluth,not sure if it is a single world or not but it stands for infinite power and energies beyond human(or else) understanding
Those 4 planes are opposed by a fifth,Qliphoth that was created from "Deceased worlds" and unstable dimensions.
Not sure If Multifaria is in the Qliphothic Plane I believe it opposes Earth in the first basic plane but it is of course tainted by the chaotic energies of the Presences Beyond(the yet unknown masters of Shadow Destroyer).
Hope you keep doing articles on Champions Lore.It is a very detailed universe.
Also,will you do an article about Whiteout?

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 5:34PM Patrick Mackey said

@TacoBrain
Yeah, it goes something like that. Assiah is basically the material worlds (as I mention above), and Yetzirah are sort of... pseudo-real worlds based on streams of consciousness or thoughtforms. Some planes in Yetzirah have laws of physics just because the "idea" of those worlds includes physics. It's very strange. Briah is entirely constructed from imagination and concept, and Atziluth is... basically the sum of all existence and way beyond any mortal understanding.

I am planning on doing an article on Whiteout, but I haven't actually finished it yet. I am doing it on the Livestream each week for the first time, so I don't know what is going to happen ahead of time. I liked it less than Aftershock (I hate Canada) but it has been fun thus far.

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 9:19PM gandales said

I didn't know the organization of planes. I wonder how aliens fit into this organization, are they only for Assiah or there are some cosmology involved in each plane?

Posted: Dec 31st 2011 10:38AM (Unverified) said

@gandales

Ultimately, the idea of "worlds" being floating hunks of rock that drift through physical space in star systems and galaxies is a concept that is most suited to Assiah.
There are many different universes that make up Assiah, the Champions universe being just one, and each of those universes will have their own galaxies and wolds, all teeming with various alien lifeforms, potentially including alternate reality versions of humans.
Most aliens in CO are the mundane, in-universe aliens that simply come from other worlds.
It is reasonably possible that you could have an alien that is actually an alien from another dimension (the Karkaradons are actually something vaguely like this), hailing from an alternate reality, but not being from that reality's Earth.

In higher planes than Assiah, though, rules start to work differently. There might not even -be- other physical planets. I'm sure the books have quite a bit more about them, so I'm looking forward to follow-up articles.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 5:31AM Gel214th said

Very sad the parent company for the books and lore is struggling to stay in business. :( We all should go buy some of their books as a sign of appreciation.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 6:48AM (Unverified) said

I'd just like to point out that the devs have failed for the most part to tell this story, I got to the end of the game before anything impressed me.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 6:08PM deadborder said

One of the exciting things about writing about Champions Online is that there is a huge amount of lore and backstory behind the game

A background that was 99% ignored by the developers in favour of dumb pop-culture gags.