Posted: Dec 29th 2011 7:52PM Makovorn said

@Wurm

I agree wholeheartedly. Many of us are playing SW:ToR and enjoying the hell out of it, but jeez ... the "general" stuff has been covered to *death* now. Also, hearing Bioware going on and on ... and on ... about how great and revolutionary their game is is not newsworthy IMHO.

That said, I'd suggest giving it at least 6 to 12 months and let the game settle in properly before devoting precious technical and human resources to such a venture. Giving it it's own special place under Joystiq umbrella seems a bit premature at this time. That's my take on it at least.

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 8:08PM Dunraven said

TORInsider would be awesome but for gods sake don't make it as Raid centric as WoW insider

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 9:37AM (Unverified) said

@Dunraven THIS! SWTOR is a huge hit, and will remain one. Give us TORinsider!!!

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 8:38PM HiroProtagonist7 said

My vote is Blue Monster, but that's been discussed to death.
It's 8:30 here and an ad for fashion-long has been up there for an hour and a half. The spam posts have gotten pretty prevalent lately and I was just thinking it'd look a lot cleaner around here if the mods could kill spam as fast as they pull Jef Reahard's comments.lol.

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 8:42PM HiroProtagonist7 said

@HiroProtagonist7
"They're aware of the problem but have no ETA"
rofl

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 11:04PM ShawnSchuster said

@HiroProtagonist7

Sorry. Sometimes my wife and children like to see me. It's a weird thing, ya know :)

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 10:06AM Deliverator said

@ShawnSchuster
For some reason, my replies to you got posted as what look like replies to Joaquin Crowe below. It's weird because I replied on that isolated page you get when you follow a reply link.

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 10:19PM Joaquin Crowe said

That's a business decision you'll have to make. I think it's too risky. But then, it's not my money.

I would, as a reader, like to have more MMO news instead of incessant "OMG Bioware breathed!" articles.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 9:54AM HiroProtagonist7 said

LOL - I'm with you there. Just trying to be funny... maybe something I shouldn't attempt :) No malice or even real nitpicking intended!

Do you seriously have to do all that yourself? Maybe you could put together a short-list of accounts you can watch for reporting spam - though sometimes my comments may come across a little opinionated or harsh I love the site and can guarantee that if I hit the "!" it's because it was spam. I've never even hit it when someone was having an obnoxious swearing meltdown. Space Cobra, Ehra, Neverdeath, Utaka, Graill440 are other guys I can think of that are around a lot - I don't always agree with them, but they seem like people who wouldn't steer you wrong, especially if you let them know you were watching their "!"s for Nike sales up front. Just an idea!

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 10:01AM HiroProtagonist7 said

also, I created a new account called "Deliverator" because I'm phasing out the email that this account is under, can't change it in my profile and don't want to have notifications routed all over gmail through old accounts. So if you decide to take me up on that, look at Deliverator instead.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 10:03AM Deliverator said

@HiroProtagonist7
so Deliverator = HiroProtagonist7 and all three of these comments belong as a reply to Shawn about one branch up. Not sure why this all got posted this way - did it right from the email link.

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 11:06PM (Unverified) said

I would love to see a WoW Insider version for SWTOR. I'd be a daily visitor.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 12:57AM shirtntie said

No please do not encourage a WoWinsider for SWTOR. A kind of "SWTORinsider".

Keep SWTOR news here on a site that covers all MMOs and is biased against none. Here you have fans of F2P, P2P, FPS, RPG, of the entire MMO genre. This is the perfect place to talk about SWTOR, not a dedicated fan site that will glorify and defend the game they represent as if they were being paid to do so...*cough* wowinsider *cough*

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 1:39AM SgtBaker1234556 said

@shirtntie

Not biased? lulz. You must be new here.
Let WoWInsider be the glorifying fan site for the fans who like the game.

Massively can stay as the outlet for pro-gamers and editors who somehow feel bitter about Blizzards success and have to spew negative crap about it every chance they get.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 5:22AM tooright said

probably needs it's own site because it seems all these tightwads want to read about are crappy F2P games and Richard Garriot's robot.

They don't want to read about successful games.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 9:37AM (Unverified) said

@tooright Fact ^

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 7:20AM Kane Hart said

To many people are like wait and see. Yes let's wait and see I predict WoW failing too. Ohh wait millions unsubscribed already so I guess it's already a total disaster.

SWTOR going be here for many years to come and I would love to see a dedicated Blog for it.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 7:33AM Gel214th said

I wouldn't bet on it with GW2 due out next year. There are a lot of things about SWTOR that will turn people off once the rush wears off.

I think people need to take a wait and see attitude with what happens next, and what BIoware prioritises. From a features perspective, it is already well behind the curve of current 2011 MMOs such as WoW, Rift, CO and even EQII.

If these aren't fixed and once the initial rush dissipates, people are going to start comparing. Telling them that in the early 2000s WOW didn't have this either isn't going to cut it.

I'm also concerned about new content. How are they going to release new areas, and new quests? Every area will need to have 8 separate, completely voiced quest lines. WHAT!?

I think we're already seeing evidence that this is a tall order with the Raids, where the latest areas are a far cry from the complexity and depth of some of the launch flashpoints.

For me, right now SWTOR is a 7.5 / 10. But I'm having fun :-) I wouldn't start a dedicated site for it right now though. A few Guides here and there, some commentary..but not a dedicated site.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 10:06AM (Unverified) said

@Gel214th hmm, sorry, but MMO wise SWTOR does better than a lot of other MMO's around.

SWTOR's crafting > crafting in most (themepark) MMO's
SWTOR open world PvP/FFA PvP/RvR style PvP > PvP in a lot of other MMO's
SWTOR's game world > in total worldsize than most other (themepark) MMO's
SWTOR's questing/leveling progression > traditional questing/leveling in other themepark MMO's

Those are all major core features of an MMO on which SWTOR does better than a lot of other (themepark) MMO's.

Posted: Dec 30th 2011 3:44PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Crafting, questing, world... OK I will give you those 3.
But open world PVP? Really?
Sounds like the words of someone who isn't 50.