Posted: Dec 27th 2011 8:51PM (Unverified) said

"In a gutsy move, Trion Worlds will start paying gamers to play RIFT as part of a new marketing promotion."
I hate you! I shouldn't be laughing this hard this late at night HA HA.

Posted: Dec 27th 2011 8:53PM Malaman said

@(Unverified)
hehe

Posted: Dec 27th 2011 8:52PM Malaman said

Your wild and crazy prediction was nice, except for The Secret World part, my opinion.

Posted: Dec 27th 2011 10:37PM Space Cobra said

Yeah, the most fun predictions so far! :D

Secret World is in a strange position IMO. The internet has changed around the project since they first announced it (remember the viral marketing? The mysterious web-sites we had to go to? The strange forums if we wanted to track the game?)

Now, that viral marketing has died off, even before we started getting game footage and true, in-game screenshots. We sorta know what to expect now from the game, if players/customers even KNOW about the game. I don't think the game will be as "cerebral" as we initially thought, but maybe it will be?

Bold claim about the F2P, but Funcom has done some bold surprises and they may have some hidden here.

I think some of your "crazy" just may pay off. I can't see Warhammer closing, but then again, I easily can, especially with SWTOR now out.

Posted: Dec 27th 2011 11:50PM Shadowstorm said

If you wanted wild predictions, you should have said that warhammer online will magically fix it's RvR while integrating the PvE aspect of the game into the campaign, get an advertising budget from EA and go on to be the definitive PvP title for years to come.

Posted: Dec 27th 2011 11:59PM doublerainbow said

You might be right about The Secret World, Guild Wars 2, and also how bad MoP will do.

Trust me, they can dumb down the first 60 levels of WoW even more, but that won't distract new players from the cost of expansions and a monthly fee. Not to mention there will be 90 levels O.O.

Guild Wars 2 is being built by a team that seems to have an open mind, and also wants to inspire and truly create an epic experience. I really do think a ton of fantasy (at least) MMO's will pay lots of attention to them.

The Secret World might just pull off the feeling of going from a no one to a somebody. Everyone wants to feel like a hero, and if it is pulled off just right, they may have a smash suprise hit on their hands! Look at Harry Potter and tell me the concept of being introduced to a whole new world doesn't work.

Posted: Dec 28th 2011 3:05AM Lenn said

"World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria will bomb and alienate large quantities of the playerbase, who will then flee for Star Wars: Mists of Rancoria."

Dibs on playing the first rancor Jedi knight!

Posted: Dec 28th 2011 3:46AM Dblade said

You are so going to be disappointed with secret world syp, just like you were with fallen earth. I think we are going to see too many AAA titles claim novelty but play it safe.

Posted: Dec 28th 2011 7:07AM (Unverified) said

@Dblade

Er, I *love* Fallen Earth. I'm not disappointed with it in the least. Where did you get that impression?

Posted: Dec 28th 2011 10:39PM Dblade said

Wow, even you are unverified. Way to go comment system.

I remember on Bio Break you pushing it like it was the next best thing, but when it came out, eventually you faded away from it, and it really didn't hold you. You aren't a negative person, but it pretty much failed everything you wanted from it, and you moved on pretty fast. You love it, but how many hours you spend in it this week over LOTRO?

I think SW will be the same.

Posted: Jan 3rd 2012 12:55PM (Unverified) said

@Dblade

Please don't put words in my mouth here. I played Fallen Earth for nine months initially, plus a few more this past fall when it went free-to-play. I didn't burn out on it and I've more or less consistently raved about its world, the value F2P gives players, and how different it is.

I may drift from game to game, but it's not a referendum on a game if I leave it because I've gotten into the habit of rotating through them to avoid burnout. I think it's also typical of all gamers to get excited about new games because, hey, they're new. Why not gush? I'm not making long-lasting proclamations, but for the here and now, SWTOR is incredibly gripping and I do think it will have legs.

Anyway, here are my personal posts on Fallen Earth just to back up what I'm saying here: http://biobreak.wordpress.com/category/fallen-earth/

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 10:08AM (Unverified) said

"We will see a massive shift away from fantasy to different genres, as MMO players have become burned out on fantasy tropes and more studios release sci-fi, contemporary, horror, and post-apocalyptic worlds." This is definitely happening. I've already seen a lot of players picking up other games just because they're tired of sword and sandal environments. I even know one or two who have problems with Star Wars because it's essentially the same classes and makeup as WoW in many places, just with a Star Wars skin.

Posted: Mar 8th 2012 2:39PM gevallen said

DAOC 2 is a good dream we have been waiting for years and it would wipe the floor againts any other game alltho I have little hope of this happening