Posted: Dec 26th 2011 12:10PM (Unverified) said

I have a similar story..
During Rift's launch me and several friends planned on rolling a RP-friendly raid guild on the RPPVP server Sunrest. I got in early and rolled my cleric along with several of our friends. However, later that day Sunrest filled and had a lengthy queue. My friends who had not gotten in complained and said they didn't want to wait and we should just roll on the new RPPVP server, Harrow. So, we did. and months later that server dried up, most players on Harrow xfered to Sunrest, and our guild disbanded, Most of our friends left Rift entirely as a result.
It's a shame that these things happen.
Now, I personalty will always chose a high population server despite any queue times.

Posted: Dec 26th 2011 1:19PM Gryphmon said

My experience with Aion's launch is basically why I refused to even look at playing SWOTOR until at least the end of January.

Posted: Dec 26th 2011 1:28PM JonBuck said

They said they were aggressively reducing the queues and they delivered. Before I had 20 minute waits. Now the biggest queue I've had the past few days is three minutes or so at most. Kudos to the SWTOR sever ops team!

Posted: Dec 26th 2011 1:57PM Longinus said

They never win you hear me THEY NEVER WIN lol

Posted: Dec 26th 2011 2:02PM Silverangel said

I have rolled on another server just to play and learn the game, but it's wise to ride it out, for the exact reason cited. Your original choice is likely the long term winner.

Posted: Dec 26th 2011 2:10PM Stanimir said

I usually just wait - but I know this illustrates just how much bioware has me by the balls. There is no way in hell the queues should ever be over an hour. Luckily they seem to have gotten better/people have stopped logging in.

Posted: Dec 26th 2011 2:10PM Lafajet said

I left Bloodworthy during early game access since the queues were simply crazy (I think the longest I projected wait I saw personally was about 5 hours) and I really don't need all that stress with something I do to relax. Since switching servers I rarely see a queue longer than 5 minutes, and even that is during prime time.

Posted: Dec 26th 2011 2:59PM madcartoonist said

My friends decided to have our republic toons on one server and imperial toons on another in SWTOR. Really now the queue hasn't been an issue on either server but I think we'll keep it this way.

Posted: Dec 26th 2011 3:27PM theBeast said

It sounds like people have been conditioned to a point that 20-30 minutes queues area acceptable. Interesting...

Posted: Dec 26th 2011 9:49PM Solude said

Moved two times so far. I never ever stay on a server with a queue when all I have invested is a few nights. I have 2 hours a night to play, not spending any of it in a line.

The safe bet so far has been to roll on a standard pop and 2-3 days later it;ll be a very heavy or full server but no queues.

Posted: Dec 27th 2011 1:49AM DarkWalker said

I'm more likely to unsubscribe - at least temporarily - than to change servers, unless I have absolutely no ties to the server - i.e., no friends, no guild, either a really low level char or free transfers to some nice server available.

If I would have to pay extra for the server transfer, then I won't do it, end of history; if I feel like I really need to transfer my characte, I will instead leave the game.

Posted: Dec 27th 2011 5:29AM Shardie said

I've been on The Harbringer, which is famous for its heavy queues (so much so, people were told to avoid rolling on that server), and never had to wait for more than 30 minutes, usually its only a 5 minute queue.

If I find myself in a queue, I just open up another game, and play it till the queue is done.

Posted: Dec 27th 2011 12:50PM (Unverified) said

Server queues mean nothing to me and do not sway me in the least. I'm not impatient, I can some other game while SWTOR is ticking down my queue.

Usually when I pick a server, if it's not to join someone I know, it's which one had a name I could say and spell easily. :)

Posted: Dec 27th 2011 1:18PM syberghost said

If the queue is short enough that I'll get in with plenty of play time in the time I've allotted myself, I wait. If not, I play a throwaway alt on a server that may very well go away later.

I see lots of names I remember from beta on that server.

Posted: Dec 27th 2011 2:47PM Space Cobra said

I tend to be patient and wait on queues, no matter what. I know the "let's name an unofficial RP server" threads and the "let's roll on the server starting with the letter _ " such rules.

But I do have a friend who doesn't like queues and will roll wherever it is lightest. He may reason it is "just temporary"but I see him tend to stay there more and more. This hasn't happened on SWTOR yet, but it probably will, sooner or later (when he joins).

I am on one RP-PvE server, but am interested in a RP-PvP one, so I may try that, but as for now, thankfully, the queues are not long for me on my chosen server. I keep thinking of trying out different skill trees and Advanced classes (and going the opposite of choosing Dark/Light on the same class story), so I may choose another server. Heck, I may succumb to getting another account so I can have 8 more slots!

I think most people have the right idea: Wait until the initial launch has cooled off. If needed, just grab the name you want and let it be if queues are too long.

Make My MMO: December 21 - 27, 2014