Posted: Dec 28th 2011 2:43PM mattwo said

Honestly this system sounds highly abusable.

Let me get this straight, they reward people with in-game currency for using it?

I can understand the free RP for not breaking the code, but THAT? No. JUST NO.

Look at how many of those offenders are on the LOSING team. It's almost as though people just want to point fingers and make easy IP.

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 2:03PM Wraine said

@mattwo

To clarify, you don't receive RP or IP for reporting people. Only for spending time outside of the game at the tribunal site. Additionally, the reward is so negligible it's more like a nod for helping out. At 5RP per case with a max of 15 per day, and a minimum timer per case, it ensures fairly well that only people who want to make the community better are weighing in on these cases.

As for the punishments, I have to say that the vast majority of people who end up in the tribunal aren't positive forces in the community.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2012 2:15AM EmergenceMMO said

@Wraine

No one who plays this game is a positive force in the community.

The community is also amongst the worst of anything I have ever seen, and I have been playing games of all genres quite extensively for well over a decade.

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 2:23PM mattwo said

"who wind up in the tribunal"

Can please clarify what you mean here?

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 3:02PM Wraine said

Sure! Only the worst offenders even end up being reviewed by the tribunal because it takes a very large number of "quality" reports to get to that point.

It requires a large number of games where their negative attitude has been consistently noticed by players who don't make a habit of reporting 3 people every single game.

To elaborate, if the summoners you report are people who are reported all the time, and you don't have a lot of "spite reports" (ie. they had a bad game, and you reported them for assisting enemy team, when it's obvious to everyone else that they were trying) then the system starts to take your reports more seriously.

Hope that helps!

Posted: Mar 2nd 2012 2:18AM EmergenceMMO said

@Wraine

This isn't true at all.

You can create an account and get reported a single time for a negative action (don't know how many times you're falsely reported for no reason by children) and you can end up at the tribunal.

If you were to be accused of a crime in real life, would you want a group of 13 year old boys deciding your fate?

Posted: Dec 29th 2011 3:17PM mattwo said

Ah ok, because you said "wind up IN the tribunal" and the way that was worded made it sound like you meant they become PART OF the tribunal. And with the way you were putting it, it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2012 2:09AM EmergenceMMO said

What people fail to realize is that this "Tribunal" consists of the playerbase...

Half of which are 13 year old boys with names like "RagingTurd" and "CockNBallz666".

The other half are below the age of 24, who may not have those names but retain the same personality and immaturity of mind.

They also will heavily vote to ban players regardless of guilt based on what other players report for. I personally know many players, including myself, who will immediately (no matter what happens, good or bad game) report all 9 players after the game. This harms their scores when faced on the tribunal.

So while a bunch of children and perverse young adults falsely report you, higher level children and immature adults vote to ban you for the sole joy of banning others (releasing their inner teen angst), and RIOT employees who are banned at or below minimum wage (depends if they outsource) who truly dont care about their job will most likely look at your reported score (inflated by false reports by children and ragers) and agree to the ban.

You will then get an EMAIL from RIOT saying "The Tribunal has banned you...for some reason which we cannot say."

You cannot know who the tribunal are, you cannot know why they banned you, their comments, you cannot see the evidence against you, and most importantly YOU CANNOT KNOW WHY YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED!

I payed RIOT $35 to buy some points, and within 2 days I was banned for a reason they refused to state. How could I know what I did wrong if I did not know why I was banned? Even on my worst day I am nothing like the ragers, children, and game-ruining feeders, yet the system is ban-friendly.

RIOT took my seriously when I filed a BBB report against them for taking my money and instantly taking away access to that service. Their rating with the BBB is a D-, which is points away from an F.

Trust me, this Tribunal is about as justified, fair, and valuable as a collection of 13 year olds told that no matter what they do they will not get in trouble, and it is their decision whether or not you get banned.

Posted: Mar 2nd 2012 2:13AM EmergenceMMO said

@EmergenceMMO

If you don't believe me, create a level 1 account on LoL and play 3 games.

Now report here the Summoner Names of all of them. I guarantee at least 30% will be perverse, if not far over half. Please also report the number of AFKers, Quitters/Ragers, etc.

The problem is more in the game's design (a massive flaw) than anything else. If they allowed ppl to leave and others to take their place, it would be a much better design without any need to needlessly ban their playerbase. Votekicking would also be allowed!
Who would want to play a game already in progress? Anyone who wants the extra incentive IP or the faster games for full game benefits (IP/XP gains for the full game time even if you only join for a portion of that time). Plenty of ppl will hop in and out for that extra bit or shorter games.

The problem is NOT solved by "recruiting" a bunch of 13-24 year old power-hungry children. No...that just creates additional problems...

Betawatch: April 12 - 18, 2014