Posted: Dec 25th 2011 11:37PM (Unverified) said

Thanks. I appreciate your article. =]

Posted: Dec 26th 2011 12:10PM Kifix said

Nice, but i fear there are very few people able to fit this.

Posted: Dec 26th 2011 12:41PM Brendan Drain said

@Kifix The Talos itself is very tight to fit due to its poor CPU. The first two setups can be downgraded to named guns and should be very easy for newer players to fit. Unfortunately, the last two setups rely on Null L ammo and so have to use Tech 2 guns. With a full Tech 2 setup, all of the above fits are designed to need no more than either a 3% powergrid or 3% CPU implant, but they may be slightly harder to fit without Hybrid Weapons Rigging skill trained to 4 or 5.

Overall, I was far more impressed with the Naga. Easier to fit, can snipe at 250km or deal over 650 DPS at 130km, and it even makes a better blaster boat. The Talos in comparison is a little underwhelming.

Posted: Dec 26th 2011 10:05PM Feathersword said

Brendan,
I sent you an email with questions about a Massively Corp.

It's Brendan@Massively.com right?

Posted: Dec 27th 2011 7:10AM Kifix said

To be honnest, it's the powergrid that i'm missing. I'm not using any powergrid or cpu implant at this time. I can use all the T2 weapons and modules, but i can't even fit 7 of the 8 guns. I'll have to start with Ion blasters i guess... and train Adv weapons upgrades more.

Posted: Dec 27th 2011 2:56PM Archintyeron said

I feel sad to hear that just the Gallentean ship is the less useful. =(

Posted: Dec 28th 2011 12:30PM DairamX2 said

This is how one of the best PvPers in EvE fits his\her Talos

He or she ganked me the other night. What threw me off was the amount of damage coming at me, totaly threw me off my game. I would stand no chance either way, but would have liked a better big picture if you know what i mean.

Posted: Dec 28th 2011 12:48PM Brendan Drain said

@DairamX2 That's a fantastic setup!
It's a very nice variation on my shield setup above, and I'd say it's better than my setup. What I particularly like is that I had to waste two rig slots to get the setup to fit on CPU, but this new setup swaps a mag stab for a second tracking enhancer to reduce CPU usage by 15.

That lets you drop both those algid rigs, and fit a T2 burst aerator. That's significant because 2 mag stabs and one T2 burst aerator is the most efficient three-slot damage enhancing combination possible. The T2 rig's bonus is higher than the mag stab's, so it's placed at the start of the stacking nerf chain and is 100% effective. The result is more damage than you can get with just three mag stabs. Even a T2 collision accelerator with 2 mag stabs will produce more than 3 mag stabs, and collision accelerators are opnly around 20m right now.

Posted: Jan 24th 2012 11:47AM Warsyde said

Are the Tier 3 battlecruisers at all useful for mission running, or are they really a PvP only ship?