Posted: Dec 24th 2011 2:16PM Seffrid said

I'm in agreement with your Overland ideas as long as they aren't intended to signal a return to group content in those areas at the expense of the existing solo questing. The move away from forced grouping from level 20 onwards is one of the most important improvements from the early days and it would be a suicidal move for SOE to go backwards in that respect.

I'm looking forward to the Qeynos revamp, and with both original cities then completed I'd hope firstly to see a way of bringing the original starter islands back into the game - preferably as revamped starter areas but I'm open to all manner of other ways - and secondly to see a major revamp of Neriak which is actually the city that needed such a revamp the most. It's just a dark zoned maze.

As a general principle I'd like to see a lot more done with the existing gameworld before any more new continents are added, and both the Desert of Flames and Kingdom of Sky areas would benefit from being refreshed.

I'd also like to see a way of bringing guild members back into the cities otherwise they'll become ghettos again once the novelty of the revamps has worn off.

Posted: Dec 24th 2011 2:17PM Bhagpuss said

I don't generally plug my blog but rather than comment here I refer you to my recent post on mentoring http://bhagpuss.blogspot.com/2011/12/one-man-army-cor-eq2.html

I agree with you wholeheartedly on overland content, although both the overland itself and shared dungeons are very far from being ghost towns on Freeport and you may well them getting a lot more use on other servers post-F2P.

Posted: Dec 24th 2011 3:14PM insilentionocti said

• 1 heart
Really, if they just fixed some of the issues that have existed since the games release and are still causing problems, that would be great. You know, like the huge memory leak.

Not to mention a more reasonable version of their pay formats. The concept of free to play in this game is an utter joke while still allowing some of the worst examples of the gaming community to get away with whatever they want.

And oh yes, for the company to stop being so greedy. That would be great too.

Don't get me wrong, before SWTOR, this was my favorite game of all time. Given what SWTOR is lacking, its either a pretty close second now or even an equal.

But I am tired of being taken advantage of by game companies and treated as though the players don't matter, only money matters.

Posted: Dec 24th 2011 3:41PM slickie said

Me and several of my friend have tried to get into EQ2 in several occasions, but the game is so poorly optimized for current hardware that we're all forced to run at medium settings if we want more than 24 FPS.

It's just not worth it. The game seems to have a ton of content, I think they can afford to spend a year fixing the engine.

Posted: Dec 24th 2011 5:18PM Saker said

• 1 heart
Every time I see the name Dave "SmokeJumper" Georgeson, I immediately think Shark-jumper instead of smoke. Kind of encapsulates my feeling about EQ2. I hated it at launch, ended up a subscriber later (after some serious improvements were made) liked it alot then, pre TSO (which was the end for me, absolutely hated the endless instance grinding). Have looked back recently and wow... I mean it is so very much showing the effects of the years of "expansions", and wow-ification. Seriously the armors/items/mounts are now so over-the-top appearance wise your eyes start to bleed as soon as you log-in. Strangely enough the spell effects went seriously down-hill appearance-wise, I found the old ones to be so much better. The game play certainly seems to have been so seriously dumbed-down over the years. Now you've got your "mercenaries" to help out... Wow... I hope this isn't the direction they go with in EQNext.

Posted: Dec 24th 2011 9:42PM (Unverified) said

@Saker Shark-jumper. I hear you, brother (flaming blue skull), I loved EQ][ for the last 7 years but am afraid that it will never return to its former glory even though it was always in WoW's shadow.

As a side note, I wonder if EQNext is vaporware. Has anyone heard anything about it recently?

Posted: Dec 25th 2011 4:18AM Niieh said

My wish list:
- More overland content, both in existing and new zones
- Make EQ2 playable in the browser (just like Kalydo is doing for games like Runes of Magic now) so I can play at work (:D)
- Expansion of the Dungeon Maker system so players can create their own zones, with stories, quests, puzzles, etc.

Posted: Dec 25th 2011 5:37PM (Unverified) said

-- Definitely more overland content. I have always thought it would be awesome to have a mega raid system in an overland zone, where anyone can join and leave at their will as the raid may take hours to complete.

-- I would love a browser version for the same reason as Niieh. Using the Unreal engine or whatever engine SOE owns that is easy to port to the web.

-- Here is an idea for you - how about when you get a nice set of armour, you could continue you with it forever; you just continue to upgrade it. Add stats to it. Kind of like reforging - but with armor and the stats drop.

More SMART LOOT. I don't need plate or cloth playing a chain toon!

Posted: Dec 26th 2011 8:42PM (Unverified) said

My wish list is as follows
(1) Fire smokejumper
(2) get the team to work as one on fixing itemization that has totally been broken since velious rolled out
(3) get the team working on fixing bugs to systems that have been installed and forgotten. The team has been quick to install stuff and leave it lingering with huge problems.
(4) Take out dungeon finder and dungeon maker until they can get it working right it should totally be disabled.
(5) Have a separate team working on store items and have a dedicated team working on the game. Right now were suffering from too much content in the store and not enough new content to keep things going.

Do this and you might restore confidence in your player base.

Posted: Dec 27th 2011 9:33AM (Unverified) said

Somebody above me asked about eqnext (eq3). Other than hearing a few snippets from smokeblower about how they are working on it the project has been very secretive. However that is the way that soe does stuff. We first heard about it 2 years back at fan fair.

The only thing I do know about it it it will be free to play on day one. It will also be 4 years out of date by that time, and the concept art that I have viewed looks like eq next will be a wow graphics style game.

I have no interest in that type of graphic setup.

My thoughts are a lot of the update like dungeon finder, dungeon maker and mercenaries that have been jammed into eq2 are being used as a test bed for things that will be included in eq next.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014