Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 9:10PM edgecrusherO0 said

More like, "Free Realms infographic, but we needed something to show for EQ2 so we just tossed a few random numbers in there."

Posted: Dec 24th 2011 4:02AM Vgk said

@edgecrusherO0 heh, very true it seems SOE is focusing more on Free realms than EQ now

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 9:12PM Joaquin Crowe said

No wonder werewolves won, those aren't vampires. They're hideous sparkle fairy things!

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 11:48PM DataShade said

@Joaquin Crowe
You might be joking, but just in case someone who doesn't know reads this: the vampire costume wasn't hideous sparkle-fairies. There are two playable races in FreeRealms, humans and fae. That image is just a fae dressed as a vampire.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 9:50PM MtthwRddl said

You can buy a 'storm cloud' in EQII? Really?

Go Storm Cloud, I choose you!

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 11:50PM DataShade said

@MtthwRddl
Storm cloud, lightning wolf, white rhino, flying carpet, all sorts of crap. Sometimes I think the art department puts more effort into cash-shop sparkleponies than they did into the player-character races.

Posted: Dec 24th 2011 2:03AM Amlin said

@DataShade Same goes for free realms, nothing but rides/pets and more store items, but the 4 zones they were planning to launch since the game's debut is still MIA.

Posted: Dec 24th 2011 10:12AM Seffrid said

What that set of information tells me is that SOE need to focus a little more on looking after their European players! With demographics like that I'm surprised they don't run a Fan Faire in London or Paris, for example.

Posted: Dec 24th 2011 5:13PM Space Cobra said

@Seffrid

Well, it told me more than that, but I do agree with your point. I was surprised to see Europe fully packed. I think SOE does have an event in Europe, but I think it's like once a year compared to the events in the U.S. that get held more often.

Looks like the South and Central America and the West side of Canada are more into Free Realms than the Esdt side of the U.S. and Canada!

Also surprised there is an EQ 2 presence in Russia(?) and that seems to go for Taiwan as well (maybe that includes Japan?). I am guessing since EQ was among the first graphically large scale MMOs, it had history so people moved to the sequel. I say this because I am surprised not seeing more Free Realms in there. I would think that model, gameplay and Sub (f2p) would have been more appealing. It may have something to do with other similar Asian games already in the marketplace that cater to the aesthetics of their players. Or it could be lack of advertising.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014