Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 7:22AM h4ngedm4n said

• 1 heart
I know it has been said many times, and sounds like a broken record by now, but why PS3 exclusive :( I mean, look at COD4:MW2, it can be on multiple consoles and PC, and do well. Anyway, good luck to the active eve subscribers with PS3s!

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 7:56AM BreakingPoint said

@h4ngedm4n

It is strange it's only on PS3. If I were to have guessed before it was announced I would have said PC only. I think the reason they chose the PS3 has to do with the community, yes the PC community is large but with a PS3 it opens up lots of people and they don't have to upgrade anything to play!

Now, why it can't be on both? My thought was the controls(keyboard vs. controller) is the reason for this. Since it's one massive universe they probably thought it best to have one control scheme. Maybe they tested it internally and found out keyboard was superior and decided they couldn't allow both?

Last thought before I go! I don't know if most multi-platform games, such as MW1/2/3, all use the same servers. If I remember correctly they each have a distinct set of servers so you're only playing against those who are using the same platform(PC, PS3, 360). Off the top of my head I can't think of any multi-platform game that actually allow that interaction outside of MMOs. Maybe I'm wrong! But if not this something I think needs to change to open up play bases!

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 9:10AM Apakal said

@(Unverified)

Well that only applies for XBox when talking about MS's restrictions, does it not?

I still see no reason for their not to be a PC release, and even more so, why the game wasn't developed with the PC as the core platform. That's where CCP's audience is. It seems foolish in the long run, even assuming Sony threw out a hefty chunk of change and a lot of developmental freedom.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 10:15AM Alex Oglitchkin said

@Apakal To majority of console gamers who don't game on PCs they don't know what EVE Online is or who CCP is so by making it a console only game they spread the word around of their company and then it hopefully attracts more people to their games they have now and upcoming. It's all about trying to get a bigger slice of pie from the potential players out there. It's gonna be a hit or miss game because people can't seem to get over games like MW3 and BF3.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 10:16AM Archintyeron said

@h4ngedm4n

All that BreakingPoint said. A FPS can't be multi-platform if running in the same server. That would be unfair, since the keyboard-mouse controls are far better than a controller.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 10:32AM Nassergamez said

-For PC show me a FPS game that hasn't been Wall Hacked or Aim Botted at some point.
-For Xbox 360 it the hardware and the fact that the xbox360 can't handle large match games.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 1:01PM Dblade said

@BreakingPoint You really want to put a FPS game that effects the greater EVE universe on a platform where it's stunningly easy to run aimbots and hack, and a player culture which encourages metagaming to win?

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 8:58AM (Unverified) said

Is time to buy a PS3 for xmas. :)

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 9:17AM (Unverified) said

It's PS3-only because XBL is a closed service. How would EVE ever be able to connect with Dust if it were on 360? The whole point of Dust is that it's taking place within the EVE universe.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 9:22AM aaradun said

• Half a heart
so this game basically going o thave 12 beta tester,

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 9:24AM syberghost said

I like that tank picture. I liked it from the moment I saw it on the streets of Sobrik, Balmorra, in TOR beta.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 9:41AM Grumms said

• Half a heart
Picking this to be a PS3 exclusive is just a horrible idea. Can't they see what happened to DCUO? Console users rarely stick to a game for longer than 5-6 months. Apparently, DCUO is a ghost town on the PS3. I can imagine this happening to this as well.

PC users would give you a damn good community for this game.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 9:58AM Nassergamez said

@Grumms solve issues like aimbot/wallhacks that PC gaming brings and try again

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 11:48AM syberghost said

@Grumms ghost town? DCUO on the PS3 has login queues.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 4:39PM InkSix said

@Grumms

Yesterday I waited past 3700 in line to log in. I think you may not understand the term "ghost town."

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 9:56AM Nassergamez said

Okay so to install Dust514 into a Xbox360 would mean that it would have to partition a certain amount of data to the side. Okay fine. It also means that you wont be able to communicate with the Xbox Live Marketplace and only partial communication with other Xbox account aspects of the Xbox 360. This is where it hurts. Not only that but time and time again it been proven that the PS3 can honestly out perform the Xbox360. So why not wait for the next gen 360 while holding onto PS3 exclusivity for a bit. Exclusive doesn't mean forever.. And I'm pretty sure the next-gen consoles are right around the corner. You have to also remember that CCPGames needs the console with room to grow on with patches and introducing new content this isn't your everyday shooter.. this is a MMOFPS... and Im still hoping the number in the title has some relevance to the game which is a amazingly. PS3 has already proven it can handle 128 vs128 matches with a underdog game like "MAG". So Dust looks like it going to be 256 vs 256 matches with 2 Commanders leading the all out battle. No XBox360 title to date has shown such large numbers in combat.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 10:34AM natheist said

I have a PS3, play EVE, and signed up.

Dust 514 as a concept is one of the coolest ideas I've seen in the industry.

I am going to "beta test" the hell out of this game.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 11:44AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
This is why CCP is losing subs, and this will be a disaster. Ps3 only is nonsense and stupid. Bigger and more important, their pushing this game already towards existing Eve players, however their completely ignoring player types. The strategy warfare player is huge difference from the first person shooter. EVE PC game..... Dust PS3 only... the lack of common sense is outstanding.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 12:36PM LeBouc said

@(Unverified)

"I'm shockingly incoherent but I still like to rant" - FYP

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 2:02PM (Unverified) said

Not on PC, not interested.

WRUP: You'll shoot your eye out, kid

Posted on Dec 27th 2014 10:00AM