Posted: Dec 22nd 2011 12:09PM Eamil said

I'd be much more tempted to give it a try if the client was cheaper. =\

Posted: Dec 22nd 2011 12:39PM Ceridith said

@Eamil

Likewise.

Charging industry standard prices for an indie game that has questionable quality from what I've heard, is not the best move in my opinion.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2011 12:38PM TractorX said

The graphics... graphics... so bad...

Posted: Dec 22nd 2011 12:38PM Hipster said

The game is good from a sandbox/crafting standpoint. Resource gathering is awesome. Creating your 'camp/tribe' is fun even if you are solo. The problem comes after the first months sandbox fun goes away. If you are very social and find a 'perfect' active tribe then you may stick around. If you dont there isnt much to do other than continue to work on your skills and camp. At this point if you are solo you may question the following things: Should I put this much work into finding old sawblades to make saws? (to make better weapons) Should I put this much work into (Blank) so that I can (Blank). There arent many people around but the game can be enjoyable for some time if you like crafting/resource gathering before questioning the whole utility of the task.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2011 12:59PM AnathemaOne said

• 1 heart
This game is unmitigated junk, created by a company that has neither the experience, competence, or resources to create an MMO. Honestly, I don't think Notorious has the first clue about sandbox game design, despite the features list.

Xsyon is a toy, not a game. There's a difference.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2011 1:52PM tk421242 said

I was in for the last stages of beta then the Prelude Launch with Hopi Tribe and had a good deal of fun at the start. After about two months however the shiny wears off a bit and most of the tribe started dropping off for other things. I left and decided to build my own place up in the hills overlooking the lake and that provided about another month of time killing. There was just no developer content to experience really.

To me the 14.99 monthly price was much to high for the state of the game when I stopped playing, and I do not think I will even renew for one month just to check it out. I also stated on the forums that a lower monthly fee of 5-10 would be more in line with the quality of what they are offering.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2011 3:23PM Vazzaroth said

My friends and I all bought this but it turned out to be such a waste of money. The team makes promises it never seems to fulfill. Or if it does, it does so VERY VERY slowly, all the while asking to devour your money every month. Their developer inexperience really shows, and from what I've gathered it's designed by an american or brit, has art assets by Europeans, and programmed by russians. I think they spread themselves too thin.

It's not a bad game, it was extremely fun to craft and build our village in the mountains, but there is literally nothing to do after you set up your town. Instead of that being the first step, it's the only step. At least Wurm has animal husbandry, hunting, ship building and exploring, magic, and robust PvP.

This game might be worth it if they turn off or significantly lower the sub fee, add more content (Like expanding the green fog like they said they were), and basically give me a reason to actually play.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2011 8:41PM mmogaddict said

Way over priced for what is basically a badly working tech demo.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 2:34AM Caspa said

I liked the idea of the game but actually playing it was not very enjoyable at all. I thought being a hunter would be pretty cool but after 4 freakinng hours of wandering around I didn't see a single live animal...

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 11:37PM (Unverified) said

Its about time they got their combat in there.

The thing in before wasn't combat.

Posted: Dec 25th 2011 3:08AM corpusc said

only one comment about the entirely new "twitch combat"?

that right there could change the game from not being something to even consider, to something worth buying/playing if the combat was fun and real life skill based.

even if nothing else changed.