Posted: Dec 21st 2011 9:55PM EventVox said

Glad to see everything is going great. The bot nuking got me back into playing. I forgot how unique RS was from the majority of MMO's, even my old friends have been giving it a whirl for nostalgia's sake.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 10:28PM PhelimReagh said

I'll give them credit for basically turning their back on 150K botter subscriptions, because the bot nuke clearly worked and continues to work.

However, the dodge on the grind question was pathetic. RS is a grind unlike all others, which motivates folks to consider botting.

Each of the 24 skills takes anywhere from 300 to 1,000+ uber-repetitive hours to "max" out. To pretend that's not a problem is a bit lame.

That being said, they are adding ways to lessen the grind dramatically, and there are more training options today than there were a few years ago. But RS is still a major-league grind, and to deny or dodge it is a bit dishonest.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2011 10:50AM mrantimatter said

@PhelimReagh

Reminds me of EQOA's massive AFK-XP grinding back in the day. People would roll a pet class, form a group of say, 3 pets and a tank/healer/or even 4 pet classes, and then plant themselves at a spawn point, and let the combined pets kill the mob.

Easy xp. Considering the game was a super-massive grind, it was an effective way to get those coveted class mastery points.

Grinding I think is becoming less and less desirable in mmo's, who are switching to a quest based system instead. Endless fetch quests seem to be more enjoyable then old school camp-grinding.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2011 5:05AM Moonaura said

I wish EvE would implement this.

Posted: Jan 10th 2012 6:46PM (Unverified) said

The bots are back in force again.. The bot nuke is basically a joke . Jagex is skating around this issue with many areas unplayable due to bots. It is all smoke and mirrors...