Posted: Dec 21st 2011 3:15PM NeverDeath said

Solid ideas, though I would place housing behind some of the others, as things which effect progression and combat are something everyone would see the benefit of, while housing is more of a niche feature.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 3:19PM (Unverified) said

Just got back into Rift and I am really enjoying it even though Tor is hogging the MMO community right now. Couldn't agree more on Zone invasions needing more bite, and that cities should be attacked.

Wouldn't it be cool if a dragon occupied a city and made the city it's home. Just make a temporary base with all of the utilities that players need from a city, and give players the task of taking back their home.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 3:20PM fallwind said

" I'd love to see a real threat at some point, even if it's just for a few days"

Dear freaking gods no. Ask any WoWer who was around for the "invasions" of Thunder Bluff, Orgrimar and... I don't know, two wimpy alliance cities... it messed things up horribly every time they happened. Yeah, the first few times they were massive events with tonnes of players taking part, but after everyone got whatever gear they wanted they didn't bother and you had all the lowbies waiting around the gate for the event to fail so they could get to their bank.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 3:26PM (Unverified) said

@fallwind Ya but those invasions, especially the undead one, were by far the most interesting things to happen in wow(and the opening of the AQ gate). they need random events to break up the monotony of grinding bgs or dungeons.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 3:36PM (Unverified) said

@fallwind then don't offer gear, either offer nothing (games are played to be fun) or offer something that can be useful all the time.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 3:52PM fallwind said

@(Unverified)

The undead one was horribly received, I enjoyed it, but I think I was one of about 6 on my server that did (loved hitting that huge pack of NPCs in Shat and watch them run off and kill the flightmaster.... what? I'm a jerk, I know it). The event was hated so much that they actually had to end it nearly a month earlier than planned.

@(Other Unverified)

Then my first question would be: "why should I bother?" do it once to get the achievement, then go off to EI to do my dailies. "Because it is there" is why you see so few players doing sub-45 world events... there is no reason to and "because it is there" only works the first few times before you are off doing something that progresses your character.

Capitals are already horrifically laggy on all but the most empty servers. My rig may not be the blazing speed demon it once was, but it is far from a clunker, and it can take as much as 30s to load all the npc/pc's in my capital city. Add another 50 or so coming in for an event and you can kiss your framerate goodbye.

Posted: Jan 1st 2012 9:00PM artifex said

@fallwind Are you kidding? A couple days after I joined WoW was when the plague hit (yes, years ago). So on my very first time to walk into Ironforge, I was like, "Hey, neat, a city underg-- OMG, what just happened to me? What's going on?" And then I died. At first, I was furious at people who deliberately infected me, but then I laughed, and thought it was awesome.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 4:05PM Deadalon said

Real addon support with strong UI, party and raid frames adjustments. It is horrible atm and the main reason I left.

RIFT is probably the game that suffers most from SWTOR launch since alot of players that left WOW after early Cataclysm were always going for the Star Wars Universe. Now TRION needs to start the real work and improve the game in the basics. If not... I can see them loosing all intrest. And the real danger is that WOW will again be the main Sword and Magic MMO to go too.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 4:17PM (Unverified) said

This game needs one thing to shine and that is proper world PvP. Altough I do like the suggestion of capitals being under attack by high level mobs, that would be awesome.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 4:38PM (Unverified) said

"Take it to the planes" is what I'm waiting for. I enjoyed the concept in "Burning Crusade" of establishing a beachhead in an alien environment. Having the entire nation is prepping for war allows the world story to move forward in interesting ways. BC petered out pretty quickly into a big ol' themepark, but that's another story...

Best of all would be some really interesting landscapes to explore. I enjoy the environments they've created, and think they did an amazing job designing Ember Isle, but I'd love to see them stretch their creativity with a real magical fantasy realm.

~V

Posted: Dec 22nd 2011 4:09AM avaloner said

I like the idea of making the world more dangerus, and it used to be to an extent, but when zone invasions took over a zone because players failed to stop it people went rageing to the forums saying that it interfeared with their questing and was a negative experiance for them.

Trion could give people the best rewards in the game, but after a month or two (if that) people would be bored of them again. On paper haveing epic battles that require everyone to work together in the world (non-instanced) sounds great but people get bored of it fast, dont like working as a team or trying to lead a team, and many just want easy stress free facerollable content that they can come on and do for an hour or two then log off.

Before WOW this might have worked I think but these days, in a more casual MMO world people get angery when anything remotely difficult gets in their way and hinders their "progresion".

The world and leveling experiance used to be adventures in them selves in MMOs, these days (mostly thanks to WOW) everything is laid out logicaly and efficently to help players reach level cap saftly and quickly, so they can sit in queues in cities which is the "real" game these days.

Many of the other ideas are good, and I think if any Themepark developer could implament them it would be TRION. The cross faction mail the implamented in a recent patch is just the beggining of cross faction goodness.