Posted: Dec 20th 2011 11:40AM (Unverified) said

"The game launched 12 hours ago and you have two level 50s."

I dont know why but I had a big LOL over this

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 11:41AM (Unverified) said

Oh god...

It's... actually pretty good.

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 11:56AM Yellowdancer said

@(Unverified)

I don't think its good. Its not him that's bad. Its hard to come up with a song about a game. The beat is nice, though. I look forward to videos down the line from this guy.

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 12:07PM (Unverified) said

@Yellowdancer

Actually it's the beat and tempo I usually look for. The content, yeah, not that good. But other than that, I like it

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 11:45AM TheAngryIntern said

*Most of these items are not real.**

**...Yet

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 11:48AM (Unverified) said

...I'm sorry.. but what!? Ok, I'll admit it.. I kinda like it... but still... eh!?

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 11:54AM Omali said

The Old Republic hip hop has nothing on the Elder Scrolls love song by Dan Bull.

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 12:18PM kippa said

@Omali Dan Bull already has an Old Republic one too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiMtW4spZM4

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 1:41PM slash beast said

i don't much care for hip hop so meh

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 4:30PM ndessell said

=\ i'll pass, this could be a double wammy of bad rap and bad gamer references.

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 5:02PM SF4Gouken said

Song's actually pretty nice...I was expecting much worse. The beat is based on TOR's main theme song. The subject matter is more in line with typical hip-hop, but with a few Star Wars references. Didn't hear any profanity though, so hats off to him for that.

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 6:31PM NeverDeath said

• Half a heart
2-bar sample on loop for about 4 minutes+no actual vocal skill or singing involved+no actual instrumentation=

...Music?

Posted: Dec 20th 2011 8:35PM RichieBranson said

@NeverDeath Hey guys, I'm the artist who recorded this song! Just wanted to personally thank the editor of this site for posting this as well as everyone who provided feedback, positive and/or otherwise. As for the whether or not a 2-bar sample on loop with no singing involved constitutes "music" or not, I define music as the purposeful organization of noise for entertainment's sake. However, as a songwriter/pianist, I also perform "real" music for those who have a more "specific" definition of music. Here's a rough sketch of a waltz I'm currently working on:

Thanks again Massively!!!! See you guys on SWTOR!

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 12:27AM Rialle said

It is interesting to see that TOR is already developing... how should I put it... an out of game identity which influences pop culture. Maybe that's not the best wording, but I can only think of two other MMOs that have really done this in a significant way: EverQuest and World of Warcraft.

Very interesting, indeed.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 1:27AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I gotta say that this Richie Branson ,LOL< is definately NOT a "already established Hip-Hop artist" LOL. I laughed when I read that soo hard! haha

He might be known to a few hundred mmo players or people in his hometown, but come on?

We've all seen it with WOW and other games - horribly UNTALENTED nerds make up videos and "songs" and "music", if you can even call it that, and post them on youtube to try and garner the much needed attention they have lacked in their geeky, live in mommies basement lives LOL.

Lets call it what it is people... lol

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 2:04AM RichieBranson said

@(Unverified) I appreciate the feedback but umm let's go over what makes me "established" in hip hop: Aside from the fact that I have a record deal, I am a billboard charting record producer, been on MTV a few times; worked with Rick Ross, Bun B, and a few other Grammy award winning hip hop artists. I just did a record with Swizz Beatz, umm I just got off tour with DMX, and I've made a pretty decent living as a musician. I handle my career as an artist in the same label HQ that Drake, Lil Wayne and Jay Sean handle theirs. Sorry but "untalented nerds who make fan records in their basement" don't get that far in their attempt at making it in their craft. You're right...let's call it what it is. I'm an artist who has established myself in the hip-hop recording industry. Just because you haven't heard of a particular artist that doesn't mean he's not etablished in his career.

Betawatch: August 23 - 29, 2014