Posted: Dec 21st 2011 1:23AM (Unverified) said

QUESTION!!!!

Each class starts out predominantly following their own classe's storyline on their starter planet.

So, at what level does the player finish their main class storyline? And/or, will they ALWAYS be on that class storyline, as well as receiving world and heroic quests from 1-50??

Basically, I thought that each class would have , lets syat heir own separate storyline of quests from like level 1-30, and then from level 31-50, all classes would share the SAME world and heroic quests, only having different expereince after level 30 if they are of a different faction.

Can someone clear this up for me??

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 10:11AM Larry Everett said

@(Unverified)
Class stories continue all the way to level 50

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 10:54AM Zethe said

@(Unverified)

Every class has there own class quests all the way and ending at 50. However at the same time each area you go to doing your story quest will have loads of normal and world quests other players get too.

If you play as an empire player you'll repeat these area quests but your story quests will be unique.

You also have bonus quests for most and heroic quests are usually in a separate area.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 3:36AM Spiffydude said

That decoder image is awful. You need to get rid of the gradient, or at least change the color. The top area is way to hard to read because it's the same color as the background. It would be useful if it was easier to read, and it's a fairly cool image, but whoever made it needs to learn that you never make text the same color as the background behind it.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the article. :) Great work.

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 4:17AM HiroProtagonist7 said

@Spiffydude
.... or you may need to calibrate your display or get a new monitor. It looks fine on mine and apparently fine for everyone who posted before you. I don't have perfect vision, but I don't have color blindness issues either, so I can't speak to that. You can try this site to help you calibrate your display though (http://displaycalibration.com/) - if it's off and you can get it fixed it might alter your entire computer using experience, who knows?

anyways, on topic - I had no clue that there was any alphabet behind the signs around SWTOR - I just assumed it was all stylized scenery. Pretty silly of me in hindsight. Thanks for adding a little extra depth to my game Larry!

Posted: Dec 21st 2011 4:24AM Spiffydude said

@HiroProtagonist7

I'm actually viewing this on my iPhone, and I don't have any screen problems on it, so it's not my display. The gradient is too dark at the top, where text is. I can read it if I try, but it would look significantly better without the gradient.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 12:54AM (Unverified) said

Ok, thanks for teh info!

One mroe thing...

Do character get ONLY story quests up until a certain level and then they get mixed quests???

Basically, I want to have one main character for sith and for republic, and the other 6 classes I ONLY want to play the story quests and not repeat any of the games regular content if I can help that. If that means stopping at level 10 or 20 for those 6 toons, i can dig that since 99% of my time will be on just 1 or 2 characters anyways - im a player that lieks to do EVERYTHINg on one character per faction, but i do want to experience the individual stories of each class that is NOT shared with other classes.

Id appreciate any info -THANKS!!!

ALSO. any LIGHT server loads that any1 knows about? I will be starting SWTOR tomorrow or saturday and dont want to create a character on a server that i would have to wait an hr to play or that is full of so mant players, that its horribly LAGGY like it beta

Speaking of which, if anyone played during the beta 1mo+ ago, did they finally optimize the servers and push up the ques, so that people who do get to log on to their character arent seeing 5 FPS and 30-60secs after logging in for backround and environments/models to load their textures and models?

Thanks for any answers, multi-opinions and info is appreciated! S!

_X

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 6:59AM Shadrin said

@(Unverified)

All class have a personal story (class story) throughout their total career 1-50, and a bit beyond that too. So if you want to experience the full story for all eight classes you'll have to play all of them until the maximum level. The "mixed" quests start right on the starter planet, both classes that share that planet will share some of the quests on it.

The class stories however are not enough to get you to that level. So if you want to see everything you will have to complete some quests with multiple characters, or level them up in PvP alongside your class quest.

Conveniently every planet indicates on the galaxy map for which level range it is intended, So you will know how much extra stuff you have to do to keep up with the level you're supposed to have.

I've been leveling primarily through quests and by doing every quest you will be ahead of the curve. I generally start skipping the extra quests once my class quest turns green in my log. If I start the next planet at it's minimum required level I'll start doing every quest again.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2011 7:02AM DroopyD said

@(Unverified)

They get class quests all the way though . But the ration of class/world quests decreases the higher the level..

In the starting area 50% of quests are class quests
...
around the level cap you have 10% class quests and 90% world quests.

But here's the thing you can level through PVP and only do your class quests every now and then on your alts.